Hd Perm Models Starting Cqb Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
FireDrakeArchon said:
Is the shin for both left and right? It doesn't say.

-FireDrakeArchon
I don't think it matters they work for both

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone for the posts ive been working like crazy so i can afford dragon con and the new suit itself and i think its pretty sad that i havent even begun on the pieces i made lol right now im working on nuggets forearms and i had to scale it down a little to look proprtional to the biceps man the HD stuff is definitly like a frankent suit. and thanks guys for putting up the pics and were there any problems with building them?

To scale the shin and thigh: After you find the right scale for one, the other will have the exact 'height'. If your shin is 42.0cm then your thigh should be 42.0cm as well.

I'll post pics of my shin/thigh as soon as I can take some.

gamerguy55 said:
To scale the shin and thigh: After you find the right scale for one, the other will have the exact 'height'. If your shin is 42.0cm then your thigh should be 42.0cm as well.

I'll post pics of my shin/thigh as soon as I can take some.

I don't think that will work for everyone. Also the shin should have a taller height since it goes past the knee joint.

I would really just measure your dimensions of your leg taking in account extra room.

If all else fails trial and error is the best solution.

Ex-Marine_2_Spartan said:
I don't think that will work for everyone.

I would really just measure your dimensions. Sometimes trial and error is the best way too.

yah i always just take my 18inch/46cm ruler and measure. that seems to always work the best. note to people out there take measurements at different positions for range of motion. because your thigh might fit standing up but not sitting down. just something to think about.

big time on that range of motion is important and siting down is definitly important

the way i plan on scaling mine is by downloading robogenisis' normal detail models and then scale those using his method then take the height of the piece and use that... (his method for scaling his normal models is putting your height in inches in the scale box)

just thought i give people a heads up, im starting on doing HD perms starting with the CQB helmet as a starter being more popular and needs the details expect prgress tomorrow right now trying make the floating objects become part of the helmet which is why there are no pics because you wouldnt be able to see the difference

UPDATE

well the model is done and theres a file but once again im stuck in the sea of open edges :rolleyes dont believe me take a look open edge cqb

so once the open edges are fixed it will be a finished release instead of a broken one

and heres a pic
cqb.jpg

Downloading the file now. I'll keep you update. Give me a minute

Edit: Well, it looks...erm...pointy.

Also, you're just doing all the perms (except hyubasa)?

I just let Pep unfold it and when broken down, shouldn't be that hard to build. Looks like some zipper edges but that really can't be avoided (Wetokole's unfold of Slyfo's has then too).

Good job Crackhead! Keep going.

Looks good. I knew it was only time before someone started HD perms.

Are you going to do the other CQB pieces next, or continue with the helmets?

There is no 'scale'. You have to resize them based on your body size.

In other words: read the stickies please, or at least the rest of this topic. They're up at the top of the subforum page, there's no reason why you shouldn't have had a look there by now. Don't be lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back