Hell Jumper Foam Armor (Spartan Buck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. He did shave! I thought in the first photo he was just looking up really high to keep the beard out of the photo. Summer too hot there in NYC?

I've never been so sad to agree with someone Hatchet. :( Hopefully you'll be able to salvage parts of the torso and stuffs because it turned out so good! If you do remake the thighs taller I would also recommend changing the edges of them. They are flat like most other people's foam pieces, so they don't match the awesome rounded metal look of the top of the shins.

Hahahah! You DID shave!! BWaAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

I hate to be the bearer of the bad news, but I think your thigh armor and upper chest armor are too small...Those thighs are just tiny...they aren't proportional at all. :(

the Cod, Ab, forearms, shins, and shoulders look spot-on.

I guess your shaving is symbolic, then. Growing a new beard fresh from the start. xD

Okay so I'm going to try and salvage to thighs and just elongate the top front part ughhhh another thing to add to my list. Also PerniciousDuke the thighs aren't rounded like the shins they go off into the armor thickness at a 90 degree angle like the foam and they actually like about a 1/2 inch thick, that's why I kept them that way.
H5G_Render_Buck-FullBody.png

Dang it! Everyone else beat me to it but I have to say it as well, YOU SHAVED, vivalablake89 is baby face Riker confirmed.
IMG_2929.GIF

That really sucks that you have to redo that torso piece though, it looks so gooood...but I suppose that means the next one will be even better eh?

Also I call dibs on the old torso piece if you're getting rid of it, must study it for science!

I think u might be able to get by with the chest. Yeah it sucks having to re-do some of the armor, but I agree with Blackwell on the thighs. Longer thigh pieces, and needs to sit up higher on your legs. At the moment I don't think you have any strapping holding them in place? Also, everything looks pretty darn awesome! But u already knew that!

I think u might be able to get by with the chest. Yeah it sucks having to re-do some of the armor, but I agree with Blackwell on the thighs. Longer thigh pieces, and needs to sit up higher on your legs. At the moment I don't think you have any strapping holding them in place? Also, everything looks pretty darn awesome! But u already knew that!

Thanks man! Yeah you and mblackwell1002 are dead on about that definitely going to work on the thighs tonight after I finish the boots, and I was actually able to sew some straps onto the undersuit underneath which are holing up the thighs. That's I really like the wet suit you can sew stuff on and it wont rip off easily like a zentia suit or something made of polyester.

Dang it! Everyone else beat me to it but I have to say it as well, YOU SHAVED, vivalablake89 is baby face Riker confirmed.
View attachment 246353

That really sucks that you have to redo that torso piece though, it looks so gooood...but I suppose that means the next one will be even better eh?

Also I call dibs on the old torso piece if you're getting rid of it, must study it for science!

As promised it is yours bro, And damn I can't believe my beard has become a signature part of me like that, Maybe I will change m name to the BeardedSpartan hahaha, Also now that you have all called me out on it I'm growing it back :devil::devil::devil: Bwhahahahah!!!!

NOOOO! Don't grow it back! NOOOO! You just got +100 to awesomeness due shaving the beard... :(

The whole armor looks very very impressive <3 And damn you it makes me want to make Helljumper too. T_T But really your Buck looks so damn good <3

And oh crap, I feared it will happen. ^^" But you can fix it without reworking on it by separating those 3 pieces. o_o That was the reason why I suggested it. It will also be more comfortable to move - you will be able to rotate without all three pieces moving together.

Also, it makes the impression your legs are so tiny and the thigh pieces. Sure they are bit shorter, but the torso just gives an impression they are even shorter.

Also, can you raise the thigh pieces? They seem to be bit low... It will also change how they appear. Or without fully redoing them you could add a strap of foam just in the front.

Did some fast bad quality mockup:

buck.JPG

NOOOO! Don't grow it back! NOOOO! You just got +100 to awesomeness due shaving the beard... :(

The whole armor looks very very impressive <3 And damn you it makes me want to make Helljumper too. T_T But really your Buck looks so damn good <3

And oh crap, I feared it will happen. ^^" But you can fix it without reworking on it by separating those 3 pieces. o_o That was the reason why I suggested it. It will also be more comfortable to move - you will be able to rotate without all three pieces moving together.

Also, it makes the impression your legs are so tiny and the thigh pieces. Sure they are bit shorter, but the torso just gives an impression they are even shorter.

Also, can you raise the thigh pieces? They seem to be bit low... It will also change how they appear. Or without fully redoing them you could add a strap of foam just in the front.

Did some fast bad quality mockup:

View attachment 246360

First off HAHAHA I will think about it, I just feel so naked with out my beard :rolleyes:

Thank You I really appreciate that, I was really down because I feel like I disappointed everyone on this thread hahaha. But I think my wife reassured me I am my own worst critic.

Anyways I really like your idea! I already did some modification on the thighs last night and raised them by 2 inches and they look much better, so tonight I will fix the placement on those pieces. I think it will be a temporary fix because honestly I kind of want to remake the torso and see if I can make it better ;) I'm a glutton for punishment that and I also want them to be a little bit close to each other like the game model. But this will be a good idea for now.

Thank you so much again for the advice you really saved my butt on this one for an upcoming con :D!

Oh, you can grow some facial hair! :D Just don't let it become a wild bush and jungle called beard. :D
(I'm just joking, you're always free to do whatever you want, I'm just saying my opinion, I run away from beards, but facial hair is perfect ;) )

Please don't feel like that. You didn't disappoint anyone here. I can say with pride your build looks damn amazing and very solid.

And really, it looks amazing! I just tried helping by showing much can be modified and just placing things in a little bit different position can have a huge impact. :)
If you'll do anything with the undersuit too, it will look amazing. :D

You put insane amount of work into it and it looks damn amazing now with all the paintjob. It would be a shame to throw everything away.
You can always do something and improve it in the free time in the future, but looking as it is but it best Buck I've seen (sure only few people did Buck, but yours looks amazing) and I hope to see it with the helmet and all. :D

Can't wait to see more progress! :D

I think everything looks fine as is sizing/construction wise, you can wear this as is.
You could benefit from slightly up-sizing the thighs - yes, but honestly I think the bigger suggestion would be to change the way you have some things strapped, firstly to move the hip plates down to your actual hips, they are meant to sit over your hip bone to protect that from damage, and to create slightly more separation between the shin and the knee by raising it up more towards the thigh.
By bringing the hips down and the knees up you will most likely find that the thighs will look better proportioned as there will be slightly less bare space around them.
If you were to rebuild the thighs, they only need 1-2cm extra height.

Example:
On the left I moved the hip down, knee up, and upsized the thigh ever so slightly.
photo 1 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Wow thank you everyone for the kind words, I was probably the disappointment thing was more or less in my head:rolleyes: but like I said I am my own worst critic. I that goes for a lot of us builders, it kinda just comes with the territory of our thinking haha. Anyways thanks for the very kind words and great input CommanderPalmer all in all I should take step back and appreciate the time and work I put in. And whereisdanielle I that is exactly what I did last night :D;) I didn't exactly re-build the thighs because the scaling would be an issue and would end up to lose on my legs so I just added some extra foam and re sealed and re painted along with lowering the hip pieces and raising the knees. I think it looks much better now.

So far I've tried to re adjust everything and added some extra length to the top of the thighs. You can somewhat tell the seams are there maybe down the road I will redo them but this will satisfy me for now. I also managed to build the boots last night, I'm not sure if I am 100% happy with how far they come out, they kind of look like clown shoes but I will fix this tonight with some dremmeling. but here is what the new placement and add on looks like.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Also Dirtdives , PerniciousDuke is kind of right, it is up to my wife (whip cracks) :whistle:

I love the fixes! Nice job. I think the boots look great. Very action figure to me, like your feet couldn't possibly be in there. Lol. I don't think they are too big at all. In the reference photos his shoes are as wide as his shins. The only thing that looks odd is the area in between the heel and toe, it drops down a lot. Are you going to add anything between the toe and the heel like a layer of foam?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back