Hello everyone! New Canadian member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubu 036

Hey how's it going guys and gals of the 405th? I've been reading through many of the forums here for the past few months and I must say that I am absolutely in awe of the skill and creativity some (rather most) of the members here have.

I'm from western Canada, close to Vancouver, but I am currently traveling the world. I'm in Brisbane at the moment and plan to stay here for a few months anyway for work. Seeing as I plan on traveling for another 8 months (on top of the 12 I've already got under my belt) I won't actually be able to start on any projects until some time next year when I get home, though after seeing some of the thing on these boards I am brain storming a mile long list of potential projects.

I have a solid background in woodworking (if not even a fraction of the power tools I want) so I think I will start off by making UNSC weapon props and other similar small scale objects to get myself familiar with fiber glassing and Pepakura work. I have also dabbled in relatively simple electronics and I'm always interested to learn about new projects and methods.

My ultimate goal when I return home is to have a suit completed for PAX 2012 (though I have never been to one, a friend has and has nothing but good things to say) with a couple of props to go along with it.

As I have been traveling for so long on a backpacker budget, I haven't seen or played Halo Reach yet, but I am a massive fan of the series and universe in general.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I hope in the future I can be as productive and helpful a member of the 405th as all of you seem to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back