Hello From Arkansas! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloFanChuck

Hello friends,

I just joined up today and I was VERY excited to find this group online! I am a store Manager for Game Stop, and have probably sold more copies of Halo (all 3) than you all can possibly imagine! hahaha I am married with kids, and after Grad School, hope to be a full time Youth Minister at a Church as my career.

I am a part time Youth Minister in Arkansas, and full time Store Manager - and working for Game Stop gave me a great idea. (although, I have found out now that others also do this, which is awesome!) I love the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which is the non-profit that grants sick and dying children their greatest wish, and I thought how wonderful it would be to make a Custom Master Chief costume for charity work!!!

Of course, I didn't even know the 405th existed! So, I went over to the Replica Prop Forum, where I'm a member, and asked around and EVERYONE told me I had to join up over here at 405th.com! Hello to all my fellow RPF members! whoot whoot!

So, within 3 hours drive of where I am, we have St. Jude hospital, Children's Hospital, and a Ronald McDonald's House, and many other great hospitals - and I thought I would dress up as Master Chief and visit the hospitals and such every month.

Also, working at Game Stop, I thought that Bungie might actually let me do this. So, here I am joining up to the 405th, and as a member of the RPF, I know to do my homework before I post 900 stupid questions and get flamed! haha I knew the Veterans on this board will appreciate that i know to read read read and research before I do anything. Since you all have probably answered every question ever about the Master Chief costume several times - if I only read around. ;)

Well, thanks very much for allowing me to join up here at the 405th, and also I am very excited to get started on my Costume soon! Thanks again for having me and everyone is invited down to Arkansas for some Southern Bar B Que!

Sincerely,

--------Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloFanChuck said:
(talking)
Hi, I am AI Blue Fox, i am new too, just to give you a tip, you might want to start out with pepakura (a program for making paper armor or paper ANYTHING) i am 13 and im just starting to make pepakura stuff. :cool:

Hi! I'm glad to see a new member with enthusiasm for making armor, rather than just asking questions and then leaving. My advice to you, is read all the stickies, and feel free to PM other experienced members, or our Q&A team, and most of all, have fun with it! Armor always looks it's best when you had fun making it.
We have a wiki for all the basic armor pieces here.

Hello and welcome. I myself am a Church camp director and love the hobbie of makeing replica costumes.

ps: I am just down the road for you...oklahoma that is. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the 405th!

You have a great idea there, but Master Chief is rated M for mature.
The kids parents might freak out at the hospitals =(

-FSS

Hello Chuck!

Greetings from a fellow Arkansan :D I live about 20 minutes from the St. Jude Hospital in downtown Memphis, since you mentioned it, but was wondering where you reside, if you don't mind saying.
I'm using my armor for my church's "trunk-or-treat" for the kids, I'm hoping they'll enjoy it.
You've got a good idea, though, but Finnish Spartan has a point about it being rated M...

There are plenty of other things you can do, a great example is something the 501st does every year, Toys for tots. They do toy drives for those less fortunate around the christmas season at toys-r-us who will gladly have you down. Very kind of you for sure, and welcome!

Cheers,
Kensai

I've talked to all the hospitals so far, and everyone of them was very excited about Master Chief coming to visit the children, when I have the costume.

The Dark Knight is a prime example of something that was very mature (ie: knife inside the mouth, Joker scene) yet children went in droves to see the movie, parents beside them.

As a Youth Minister, and a Retail Store Manager, my first duty is to PROTECT children from harm. I would NEVER bring something that was "mature" to a child. That is not who I am. I would quit any job that allowed that kind of thing.

So, I understand your warning, and can honestly tell you that everyone at the churches, hospitals, and non-profit organizations I have talked to have been VERY excited and thankful that I want to come visit. Thanks for the heads up about the Mature thing though, I need to think about that, and I will mention that to the hospitals. I still think they will love it and encourage the visit - especially because as a parent, I would never, EVER bring a mature aspect to the kids.

Also, my sister is President of our local United Way, and my father is a Law Enforcement Professional for 40 years now.... so I have a family that has dedicated their lives to helping others in some form.

I look forward to dressing up as Master Chief for the kids. I also can't wait to have my Batman "Penguin" costume, and getting my friend who has an amazing Batman costume to go with me on those visits!

This is going to be a fun project. Thanks for the input guys and gals. I truly appreciate you all for watching my back!

I can't WAIT to get started!

--Chuck

I think it is a good idea and that kids would love it. The mature rating on it doesnt mean kids under 16 dont play it. Many halo fans are much under that age and also to the Master Chief himself isnt rated M but the game he is in is M because of the violence but helping kids and such will not involve much blood or killing so i think it should be fine.

welcome to the site!
glad to hear someone new that is eager to learn and make a costume for a great cause, goodluck!

Hey! welcome to the site! good luck on armor and all, think you'll do fine. Arkansas you say? I'm in Kansas myself :) Think it's great what you're doing with make a wish foundation thing! If at all possible I should join you sometime. :D

Hello! and welcome to the 405th! I am freakazoid, and I work for a GameStop in Michigan, as a G.A. Its always nice to see more of us. Your charity Idea is wonderfull I hope it works well for you!

Helloooo and welcome. Something that I want to say because it is a main point for me....I pray you blessings over your career choice. May you speak the word of truth always no matter what in anyone situation and may you be a blessing unto those in your life and those you counsel. I admire the fact that you only have 5 posts and in those 5 posts you have basically proclaimed your love of God and desire to fulfill a life for him and his glory. Sometimes that's a hard thing to do.

Aside from that main point, Good luck in your quest for MC armor :D

WitnessOfTruth, I love your logo! Great to see that! Also, thanks for the kind words. I feel EXACTLY as you do!

Thanks for the welcome message!

:)

Chuck

WitnessOfTruth said:
Helloooo and welcome. Something that I want to say because it is a main point for me....I pray you blessings over your career choice. May you speak the word of truth always no matter what in anyone situation and may you be a blessing unto those in your life and those you counsel. I admire the fact that you only have 5 posts and in those 5 posts you have basically proclaimed your love of God and desire to fulfill a life for him and his glory. Sometimes that's a hard thing to do.

Aside from that main point, Good luck in your quest for MC armor :D

Welcome nice to see somone making armor to help cheer up all those kids. :) Nice career choice also. At least on personin my family every genreation has tried to become a pastor I find it quite funny actually. My brother wants to nwo and I'm hoping he'll stick with it. I'd post more but its late and I've got class tomorrow.

Best of luck,
KT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back