1st Build Hello! I'm new to the 405th Infantry Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavlov

Right now I'm planning to create my first Spartan Costume, and I'm looking for some tips. First things first, the Helmet. I looked on youtube and found Heroes Workshop's video on the ODST Helmet out of Foam. Any tips before creating my first helmet?

1669251391317.png

No worries, here’s the base file for the Mark 5 B suit

And this should be the helmet you posted

Right now I'm planning to create my first Spartan Costume, and I'm looking for some tips. First things first, the Helmet. I looked on youtube and found Heroes Workshop's video on the ODST Helmet out of Foam. Any tips before creating my first helmet?
Welcome to the 405th!

Have you worked with EVA before? If not I'd make sure to have spare foam and craft blades. If you don't have a respirator and plan to use contact cement I'd recommend one, save your lungs, plus you'll eventually want one for some of the nastier chemicals used in cosplay.

I hope that helps. I haven't seen a foam EOD before so I can't wait to see how it turns out. If you have any questions, just ask, I'd love to help you out!!

Welcome to the 405th!

Have you worked with EVA before? If not I'd make sure to have spare foam and craft blades. If you don't have a respirator and plan to use contact cement I'd recommend one, save your lungs, plus you'll eventually want one for some of the nastier chemicals used in cosplay.

I hope that helps. I haven't seen a foam EOD before so I can't wait to see how it turns out. If you have any questions, just ask, I'd love to help you out!!
I haven't ever worked with it, so this is going to be a first for me. I've made a pyramid head helmet out of cardboard, and done the weathering and painting, so I have experience with that, it's the assembly im gonna struggle with. I have the Pepakura files, I don't know where to cut straight, and at angles.

Edit: What size MM EVA should I use for the EOD helmet?

I haven't ever worked with it, so this is going to be a first for me. I've made a pyramid head helmet out of cardboard, and done the weathering and painting, so I have experience with that, it's the assembly im gonna struggle with. I have the Pepakura files, I don't know where to cut straight, and at angles.

Edit: What size MM EVA should I use for the EOD helmet?
I know a lot of people start with the basic gym mats for EVA. I haven't worked off of Pepakura files, so I can't really help you too much with that.

So, I'm going to print out the stencils, then cut them out on foam, and assemble it all together View attachment 325766
Oh ok, any area that comes together at a curve it's a good idea to have bevels, if you need a visual example AndrewDFT has a good foam ODST build on YouTube that would be good to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back