HELLO. making recon armor need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk3supraholic

never done pep before but its pretty self explanatory so far i have made my recon helmet
IMG_4243.jpg

i was hoping someone had the recon chest armor. i have found one copy but all it has is the front no back armor. should i used the front and just use mkvi back and just put them together. or maybe i should just use a different chest armor all together.
so if you have any recommendations please let me know and link me to some pep files.

another question is after i resin and fiberglass it would it work to put a light coat of clay on it and do some detailing. instead of bondo. but my main concern is that the clay will be too brittle cuz i have no kilm to cook it in.

From the little work I've done with clay (yay year 9 art class!), it would be far too brittle to stand up to your crafting. It would probably be a lot more expensive then Bondo as well. What reason did you have for not wanting to use bondo? And as for the chestplate.. from with I've seen in pepakura some Permatation chestplates are designed to fir onto the Mark VI chest piece, you just need to scale them the same. I may be wrong about this though, as I havn't triesd it myself.

yes i got the pep files from costuming wiki thats where i only found the front part of the recon armor. i also am wonding what you guys would suggest using underneath the armor and not just like black cloths i want it to look like the space suit rubber meterial

i also am wonding what you guys would suggest using underneath the armor and not just like black cloths i want it to look like the space suit rubber meterial

Well, unless your skilled with a sewing machine its unlikely you'll get one. You have to sew it yourself with some kind of pleather because it has to fit your body tight. I would say just use black cloths because wearing something like you want is going to be really hot and unconformable

makes since. so what do you recommend as a backpack to go with my recon chest or should i just used mkvi armor all together or maybe reach armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back