Helmet Blueprints for Sketchup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OstrichCancer

Hi guys, I am really new and I just wanted to get to know the basics of this before going big scale. First, I wanted to try pepping onto regular paper and do the folding from there. If it was good, I would continue with other supplies. However, I only have macs, so I can not install pepakura. ): I have found a substitute for it by adding a plugin to sketchup that unfolds the 3d image. I'm not sure how to get the blueprints for the armor. So, who better to ask than you guys? I am a terrible 3D modeler and I would be hopeless at trying to create one on my own. so, does anyone know of any models for a "wearable" halo helmet? please have these be compatible for sketchup.

Thanks, you guys are great!

Well I'm not exactly sure on the process to do this, but I do know Pepakura designer has an obj export function. Assuming you could find another willing member, you could get them to export the files you need, then import the obj file to sketchup (tutorials for importing the obj easily found with a google search). Then you could use your plugin and print them out. I'd love to help you out but unfortunately I only have the trial for pep d so I can't export files :(

As I said, not sure if this'll work but give it ago and see how it turns out. Good luck :)

Then in that case, I guess I am looking for an obj. file. Thanks to edward, and to anyone who can help export the file for me.

Is there any helmet in particular that you are looking for, because i would be able to export it for you.

Just going to throw this out before anybody else does: it's considered extremely bad etiquette to take people's models and reverse-export them, no matter what the intention. If the original meshes haven't been handed out, it's generally a good idea not to try and obtain them through unintended means.

I'd suggest looking into a Windows emulator to run Pepakura in - WINE might be a good start.

I would prefer an easy model to use, one that belongs to you, specifically, or one you are allowed to distribute. like Arcanine said, I don't want to steal other people's work. But it might be too hard to work with my plugin, so I might configure pepa using wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back