Helmet Complete + Video Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Rogue

Yeah, i've made a new one. This one's finally constructed right, and the only problem I really have so far is smoothing and a bit of crackage. Thanks to DF4L for the Smooth Helm file!

Here's some pics of what i've got so far.

SpartanArmor006.jpg

SpartanArmor007.jpg

SpartanArmor001.jpg

Paintjob was a quick test paint for a party. I'll sand and primer again after I fiberglass it again. I'll also get some pics of it with the visor in. But, this should be good for now.

looks good...
did you say you just resined and fiberglasses?

are you planning of adding bondo? DF4L's pep helm is really nice.
take your time and keep up the good work.

Garzak said:
Good work man, keep up the work for a full suit.

Thanks dude, I plan on making a full one as soon as they pump out some HD parts.

JediStumpy said:
looks good...
did you say you just resined and fiberglasses?

are you planning of adding bondo? DF4L's pep helm is really nice.
take your time and keep up the good work.

I've glazed some parts, and might mud some as well.

Like I said, i'll try to get some pics with the visor soon, maybe even a video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some pics of it with the visor in, and the curse of cutting the visor too short.

SpartanArmor013.jpg

SpartanArmor015.jpg

SpartanArmor011.jpg

Plus an sort-of old video detailing how my helmet looks so far + some faults with it :

Thanks for the comments/critique, here's a little update. I've primered the left side just to see what I had to work on. I've got most of the top smoothed on both sides. also, wet sanding rocks when you need something really smooth. Anyway, here's a quick update.

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

BIG update this time. I test painted it again for a party with a couple coats of primer and one coat of oregano. I got it about as smooth as I can work/want to make it, so all I really have left is a bit of detailing. I'm waiting on LEDs from Ebay, and I got some wire loom for the vents, along with a dremel to do surface stuff. I do have some questions about that, but here are some pics.

Old pic while smoothing/wetsanding
helmetz003.jpg

The helm and me, along with the head of hair it has to cover
helmetz005.jpg

Legendary/my bucket
helmetz002.jpg

Side
helmetz004.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell from the pics, but I put a double visor in using my old visor that was too short. The dremel question I had was about the type of attachment to use for surface details. I'll look in a few topics I know of, but i'll at least ask in case I can't find it. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for bumping this. I did finish the helm, I just haven't had a camera to take some pics with. I'll look around and edit this or post again.

Camera was hiding out in one of my drawers. Here ya go.

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

It's not quite that dark in person, but it's not really light. I'm trying to decide on what to work on next. I got most of the week left to work on things though. Spring break FTW! Well, anyway. Tell me what you think.

Dude Rogue,

This Helmet looks great, BUT it could look even better if you went back and smoothed out some areas, bumps and dents that take away from this awesome piece. Just a bit of work could get it perfect. I hope you reconsider, and go back and finish this, ITS SOOO CLOSE. Then you could move on. OR while you are resining one item and waiting for it to solidify, you could do some more detail work on the helm.

Adam

Hey, do you need padding, or does the 'fro do it all for you?

Haha, nice job on the helmet by the way.

Friendly said:
Hey, do you need padding, or does the 'fro do it all for you?

lol was just about to say!

you dont even need padding dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back