Helmet Headphone Electronics Tutorial - Hearing Enhancement

it is a AAA battery holder, apologies for not catching that typo!
AAs would also work but yes that was a typo.
For those of you more technically inclined, it's possible to power these off of a USB battery pack with the addition of a 3V regulator. That's what I did for my MKVII helmet. I did run into a buzzing problem if I had it on the same battery as my fans though. Maybe some decoupling capacitors would help?

If the volume adjustment easy enough to turn while the helmet is on? or do you have to take the helmet off to adjust volume?

Thank for the great tutorial! You saw it working on my helmet in cleveland this past weekend. I'm so happy I can hear better!

A note for people following this tutorial: the company that makes the shooting headphones seems to have changed suppliers for their microphones. Instead of being pea-sized, they are now slightly smaller than a dime in diameter. They still work great, but you may have to be clever about how you mount them. There's two little detail bits on each side of the mk 7, that's where I mounted my mics.
20230827_202351536_iOS.jpg

Could i switch the power supply to a USB port to plug in a power bank?
Yes you can! That's what I did for my helmet. I used a 5V battery bank to power fans, a mic, and this hearing system. here's a link to my circuit diagram:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back