Helmet help (face place too open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohaple

Jr Member
Im making a mark five helmet, and while in the process of assembling it, noticed that some of the joints dont quite match up, but it was not noticable when in three peices. When combinging the peices tonight i noticed tht i had to strain several joints for it to fit right, and make sure all the peices were in the right place. The pep file im using is one that was meant for a small MC, but then i just took the head and scaled it up in pepakura. The file im using is here (http://billybob884.deviantart.com/art/Master-Chief-PePaKuRa-File-64893604)
I noticed recently when I opened it up and had it scaled that there were gaps in the shape, would someone mind giving me advice, be it, "Noob start over" or " simple, just re fold this peice"
I might add that i started this project before finding this site, but still ended up using pepakura and buying fiberglass cloth and resin. Also it is my first job

I dont have any pictures, but think of it this way, if the MC's helmet at a side glance was pac man, he would have his mouth open way too wide

Would someone just check out the pep file and tell me if those gaps im talking about would create problems?

that model was simplifed a bit to make it work better at the smaller size.

use the PDO files in my signature. You'll have to cut out the paper inside the helmet (its the way it was modelled. But it will help keep the shape when you fibreglass it.

so that is what is causing the problem??? if so i will try thos pdo's but other wise maybe not, im almost done with construction.

Moz said:
that model was simplifed a bit to make it work better at the smaller size.

use the PDO files in my signature. You'll have to cut out the paper inside the helmet (its the way it was modelled. But it will help keep the shape when you fibreglass it.

He's got it. If you try to scale up a mini-helm, so to speak, by too much, any small details that are unnoticeable in the first size will be scaled up by however much you blew it up by. Natural law workin against you :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back