helmet molding using caulk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so im back from fighting fire in texas! so I thought I would give this a try with my rouge helmet, and unfortunately it didn't work out as great as I wanted to! so im alittle bumed but this was the first time trying this so ill take it as a learning experience. lol I think the release agent that use just wasn't cutting it.

I use 100 percent petrolem jelly, nothin sticks to that lol, sorry to hear of you trouble bro.

I have used something similar to this method but with some additions

1. pump 1/2 a tube of silicone into a bowl
2. add 1 tablespoon of Glycerin to the silicone
3. add a small diameter (about the size of a nickel) of any color acrylic paint
4. mix it together and apply

The glycerin makes the silicone smoother to spread and the acrylic makes it "kick" faster. You can use 2 different colors to ensure you get coverage with each layer.

Only drawback is do not place a layer more than 1/8th inch thick at a time. BUT with how much faster it cures you can do several layers in a day....

I have used something similar to this method but with some additions

1. pump 1/2 a tube of silicone into a bowl
2. add 1 tablespoon of Glycerin to the silicone
3. add a small diameter (about the size of a nickel) of any color acrylic paint
4. mix it together and apply

The glycerin makes the silicone smoother to spread and the acrylic makes it "kick" faster. You can use 2 different colors to ensure you get coverage with each layer.

Only drawback is do not place a layer more than 1/8th inch thick at a time. BUT with how much faster it cures you can do several layers in a day....
Very nice! where do you get glycerin from?

i see that troubleis1983 is johnathon purpera. so then he likes to make 2nd accounts on here, insult my work and then have all the posts that were on that account and my replies to it deleted. so you like to play games, then get on the xbox and stop calling my work a POS.

dude, really? get a life...

Guys, calm down on both sides. Takes this to pm and lets resolve this. Or I'm closing the topic.
I will probably delete the posts that have anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back