Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I've been workin' hard to get this helm to a point of satisfaction, so here it is
Comments and suggestions welcome.
1220071435.jpg

This is the beggining where i decided to put the clay over the filler since funding is a little slow
and i can get more detail with less sanding.
1221071625.jpg

Here is a comparison between the starting of the smoothed side and the unsmoothed one.
1221072024.jpg

Just the beggining...
1222071212.jpg

1222071535.jpg

Me doing some modeling ;)
1222071536.jpg

I like it, but I'm curious; on the second to last image, one side appears to be lower than the other. Is this because of the perspective or is the helmet slightly warped?

Anyway, the clay looks extremely good, I am impressed.

innerrayg said:
I like it, but I'm curious; on the second to last image, one side appears to be lower than the other. Is this because of the perspective or is the helmet slightly warped?

Anyway, the clay looks extremely good, I am impressed.
No it's just the Perspective/camera angle. Plus on the top of the helmet where you are talking about hasn't been smoothed out or completely shaped just yet.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice!!! thats a realy good idea(fast too). im doin the same thing except with wax.

just out of curiosity, whats the blue tape in the center of the brim for? keep the detail?

flying_squirl said:
very nice!!! thats a realy good idea(fast too). im doin the same thing except with wax.

just out of curiosity, whats the blue tape in the center of the brim for? keep the detail?

Well in sanding down the body filler the little space where there is a receded area, accidentally got filled and i sanded through.
Yeah smoothing the clay is easy, just use computer paper like sand paper. and it makes it shiny and smooth, it is realitibly fast it's taken about 6 hours to get where i am because i pay very much attention to detail.
anyhow,

Thanks FS, i owe it to your older Helm Model anyways,
question though, how are you using wax

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back