Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

halodude164

Jr Member
hello again, this is halodude. well after i resined my first helmet it warped really badly. so i decided to print out a new one and start that. but it's going slowly since my gf gets hyper alot now and won't leave me to it....... here's what i have so far.

[attachment=10375:0709092234a.jpg]

and tomorrow i'll add a pic of the warped one. god i just want to make this go a little quicker, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.... and it crumbles alot into fine grains that can't be restored.. so i have to just bake another cookie i guess and eat it when it's gooie :p

yeah, i'm trying to work by computer light right now. it really sux but i can get some work done. thanks for the imput

Put a lot of work into the cookie and it will taste so much sweeter....sweet like...SUCCESS!

Now I want a cookie :(

Make sure you apply thin layers of resin.

Liquid with paper = mess.

You need to apply it so thin that the paper doesn't soak. Then you apply more layers as the first or two layers seals the paper.

LastSpartan said:
Make sure you apply thin layers of resin.

Liquid with paper = mess.

You need to apply it so thin that the paper doesn't soak. Then you apply more layers as the first or two layers seals the paper.

last spartan is right take the time and go slow layer by layer and the helmet want warp as badly and what does you can get out with bondo and sanding

Last edited by a moderator:
well the biggest issue i had with the warping is the fact that i didn't have a stand to set it on, so it narrowed to the hook, plus i mixed the batch of resin wrong so i have wet spots that took forever to just even dry so i added more layers to it and it was fine, except for right as i set it down and walked away it fell on the ground and moved the jaw piece..... so yeah, i have a few lessons learned now. but i think my friend spaz might help me resin the next time around. my plan is to pep everything first, then resing, the so on and so on. i'm trying a system to keep efficiency, hopefully. tomorrow i have a major gluing spree on the helmet so it should be somewhat done tomorrow, i'm getting everything folded now and ready to glue. wish me luck

2 words...

HEAT GUN

helps dry resin faster

helps fix warped areas..

I use it all the time. I got my heat gun for $15

I get alot of use out of it. Speed's up silicone mold rubber, drying paint, bondo, resin/fiberglass

you name it

invest in one, trust me :D

sounds good, one of those and a dremel. at my old job we had a heat gun that we use to remold plastic on cars and other things. if i still worked there i could get alot done on my breaks since it was a paint shop and i'd have free bondo and free fiberglass and i could use car paint to paint it too. damn this economy! oh well, getting back to it and trying not to wake my girl

well i have some more progress pics and a pic of the old helmet that messed up. but now i ran out of glue...... poo

this is the progress

0713092157a.jpg

this is the side of my glassed helmet

0713092204a.jpg

and this is the horrible front... oh well uyou live and you learn

0713092202a.jpg

The pics arent that good, the only thing I can tell is the warpage...

But hey, doesnt matter, start a new one, make it bigger, better ,stronger, fancyer ;)

Good luck with that. We all make mistakes we can learn out of. Really it isnt so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back