Helmets They Will Use In Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghr10

Hey 405th members, another quick question by me.

In Halo: Reach what helmet do you think they'll use as default Spartans? My guess is the halo wars one but I don't really want to make that one and I might just make an ODST instead. And if your wondering why I don't like the halo wars one, I do. I just don't like how squarish the pep is.

Noob said:
Hey 405th members, another quick question by me.

In Halo: Reach what helmet do you think they'll use as default Spartans? My guess is the halo wars one but I don't really want to make that one and I might just make an ODST instead. And if your wondering why I don't like the halo wars one, I do. I just don't like how squarish the pep is.

what's your question? you're asking what helmets they're gonna use in reach........ but you're talking about pep helmets......... i don't get it, could you please explain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark 5 is the armor, its the most up to date one at the time. Maybe a prototype mark 6 is Bungie wants to include it. Some old versions of the other permutations as well. But you never know.

Actually John gave Sam his Mark IV armor in the book. Sam, Spartan-034, being a good head taller than John could very easily be the silhouette on the far left if one were to assume John was the middle spartan. Unfortunately Sam was the first spartan to die in combat (I know there were those who died during augmentation). So Mark IV is a valid canon armor as well if portraying Sam.

Cheers,

Kensai

I had forgotten about that. That is good news. I really like the look of the Mk 4

um... i have a question. is reach a fps or is it gonna be a third person shooter? i heard rumors about that... and it being natal compatible... dunno how that's gonna work.

Mark IV = Mark 4 (Halo Wars)

Mark V = Mark 5 (Halo 1)

Mark VI = Mark 6 (Halo 2 and 3)

My guess is either Mark 4 or 5, Seeing as Mark 1-3 needed a large power source connected. Mark 4 and higher were the only ones that could move freely.

They probably won't bring a new permutation, and If they did it would be in a game based after Halo 3.

-Stig

Also. I'm aware of the "Spartan prototype armor".

But that is from the Anime. So I have no plans of taking this into consideration. As most of the stories are complete BS. We saw a 5 minute clip and already noticed a HUGE mistake.

EDIT: Outlawwolf117. We know as much as you do, If Bungie had revealed what type of shooter it would be, the whole world would be talking about it, and you'd probably know by now.

My guess is that Bungie will stick to being original, keep classic with FPS.

However they might want to...

1) Show of the spartan so you see more of them.

2) Add a "Adrenaline" mode, Allowing the spartan to run incredibly fast, and use aerobics/gymnastics in combat. (As seen in the Halo Wars scene: Monsters, and the anime clip: Babysitter.)

3) Giving your team-mates orders, and just generally being stealthy and tactical.

Personally the 2nd option was an idea of my own, but I would love to see it, As they state how the Spartans are capable of incredible movement, aerobics, and jumping heights over 2 metres high, quite alot. However seeing as all the games are FPS's You don't really get the chance to experience it as your focus is keeping distance and shooting.

Anyway to the point, As much as I hated Gears of War gameplay. I really enjoyed the Dead Space game, even thought it was a Third person. Either way, I'd be happy with an FPS or a Third person. Just for those little perks and bonuses we could have.

The Stig said:
Mark IV = Mark 4 (Halo Wars)

Mark V = Mark 5 (Halo 1)

Mark VI = Mark 6 (Halo 2 and 3)

My guess is either Mark 4 or 5, Seeing as Mark 1-3 needed a large power source connected. Mark 4 and higher were the only ones that could move freely.

They probably won't bring a new permutation, and If they did it would be in a game based after Halo 3.

-Stig

Also. I'm aware of the "Spartan prototype armor".

But that is from the Anime. So I have no plans of taking this into consideration. As most of the stories are complete BS. We saw a 5 minute clip and already noticed a HUGE mistake.

EDIT: Outlawwolf117. We know as much as you do, If Bungie had revealed what type of shooter it would be, the whole world would be talking about it, and you'd probably know by now.

My guess is that Bungie will stick to being original, keep classic with FPS.

However they might want to...

1) Show of the spartan so you see more of them.

2) Add a "Adrenaline" mode, Allowing the spartan to run incredibly fast, and use aerobics/gymnastics in combat. (As seen in the Halo Wars scene: Monsters, and the anime clip: Babysitter.)

3) Giving your team-mates orders, and just generally being stealthy and tactical.

Personally the 2nd option was an idea of my own, but I would love to see it, As they state how the Spartans are capable of incredible movement, aerobics, and jumping heights over 2 metres high, quite alot. However seeing as all the games are FPS's You don't really get the chance to experience it as your focus is keeping distance and shooting.

Anyway to the point, As much as I hated Gears of War gameplay. I really enjoyed the Dead Space game, even thought it was a Third person. Either way, I'd be happy with an FPS or a Third person. Just for those little perks and bonuses we could have.

so kinda like if we put republic commando, Metroid prime, and Rainbow six: vegas, together, and married Halo.

but these are all THEORIES.

Project003 said:
so kinda like if we put republic commando, Metroid prime, and Rainbow six: vegas, together, and married Halo.

but these are all THEORIES.

Pretty much.

What you have to understand is a Spartan has reflexes faster than any human, they can run like 30+ kmh, can jump 2-3 metres high without any landing damage, and are incredibly tactical, even more when with other spartans.

It's disappointing that they never showed these qualities in the other Halo games, You don't use team tactics, you don't run fast, your reflexes are like any other humans, and yeah you can jump high, but its not like you can flip, kick an elite in the face while shooting 4 others with dual SMG's. This could be possible in a third person, E.g a "Bulltetime mode". Like in the matrix, See time slow down big time, Perform tricks like a flip over your enemy, as time will be slowed down for yourself and everything else, you'd have the time to look around, aim, shoot a few enemies mid air. and land on another elite crushing its skull.

Not only would something like this portray the speed and movements of spartans, the "Slow down time" aspect would portray their reflexes too.

Then again I'd be happy with an FPS. It just annoys me that Spartans are supposed to be 20x what a normal soldier was, yet a marine or ODST has the same abilities in the games. It just gets a tad annoying.

Well said stig.

Yes as Stiggy said,Mark 1-3 needed a large amount of power to be functional making it non-battle compatible,but mark 4-6 were free movement and required less power,had better protection,but juding that mark 6 came in at halo 2,cross it out,the biggest speculation would be mark 4 seeing as reach and halo wars have a very short time gap,unlike halo 1 to halo wars/reach.

Please cprrect me if I am wrong but wasn't reach attacked and destroyed dirrectly before the pillar of autumn makes a slipspace jump and comes in contact with the first halo (04). And if I am correct then it would be mark five like in halo 1

please remember that they did slip space jump,then orbited for some time,master chief doesnt wake up straight after slipspace,so it would be mark 4 as he gets upgraded to mark 5.

Well, its all up in the air but I'm guessing they will make a new super high detailed suit that has a combination of the 4, 5, and 6 series details. After all, new artists and new tech gives them an excuse to be creative.

My god, they need a whole Halo film just to portray the epicness of a Spartan in battle.

The Stig just described the most awesome action scene!

This thread is getting kinda off-track, but what can you expect on a topic that is just speculation anyway. Anyone ever play Oni, one of Bungie's previous games? Despite having a few issues, it's VERY similar to what Stig has described as Spartan fighting, as I remember it.

ok just to clarify everything

halo wars had mark iV armour and is before reach they got their upgraded armour on reach just before it was attacked they slipspace jumped from reach not to long through the battle and arrived at halo (04) after destroying halo and being picked up by a pelican they GTA'd a covenant ship and returned to reach after jumping from reach a while later they eventualy destroyed a covenant command ship unyielding hiyrafant (uneven elephant)and returned to earth to warn them about the convenant descovery of earth short time later chief comes to wearing his new mrk VI (start of halo 2)

so to answer the question mrk iv and later mark v is the best bet

unless they decide to mess with the continuity like they did with halo wars and contact harvest

well lets see i guess most of you all have not read all the books then.since you guys have all mad alot of mistakes first off sam dies when they first get there MK IV armor so therefore Sam will not be in reach sorry to burst your bubble on that part. second john may not be in this one since the battle on reach he was on a space dock destroying nav data. 3 the armor will be MK V because they get upgraded just before the fight on reach since they were all leaving to go capture a covenant ship to find there so called home world.and also there maybe some parts of MK VI because they were testing it on reach at the time so if anything the armor types will be MK V and VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back