"Help!" for: 3D Modeling & Pepakura Model Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405ther's!

SO quick question (its not actually quick) and im not sure it can be easily answered, but here goes nothing. I used to be a member ages ago and tried my hand at some pep work and did decently well, but recently due to there being very little pep files on Destiny (ive checked, its slim pickens lol) I want to learn how to make my own 3d models and then learn the steps i would take to get them 3D printed. Obviously this is no small or easy task and will require days upon weeks of study, but if anybody can give me some bulletpoints to go by thatd be amazing.

Hey guys, i have a little problem:
1) i downloaded few pepakura files from "File archive"
2) tried open in designer 3.0.3, 3.1.4 & in viewer
3) nothing happens (it wrote just "No data for development")
4) If i tried models from another side it works
Am I sooo NOOB or is there some problem? THX for fixing.

Hey 405ther's!

SO quick question (its not actually quick) and im not sure it can be easily answered, but here goes nothing. I used to be a member ages ago and tried my hand at some pep work and did decently well, but recently due to there being very little pep files on Destiny (ive checked, its slim pickens lol) I want to learn how to make my own 3d models and then learn the steps i would take to get them 3D printed. Obviously this is no small or easy task and will require days upon weeks of study, but if anybody can give me some bulletpoints to go by thatd be amazing.

Blender is a good starting program - download it and have a play. I'm on hand if you need help.

ok so quick question. i just down loaded pepakura designer and tried to download my first pepakura file but the 4shared site keeps saying it wants me to download it with my Face book. i said no a few time certain i clicked the wrong button because the page was filled with DOWNLOAD NOW!!! links and i was sure i accidentally clicked a stupid advertisement but im not sure. just a second ago i clicked it again and clicked Facebook but then it said it would give 4shared my public page, e mails, contacts, and all my other info and there is no way i want to do that is there another way?

ok so quick question. i just down loaded pepakura designer and tried to download my first pepakura file but the 4shared site keeps saying it wants me to download it with my Face book. i said no a few time certain i clicked the wrong button because the page was filled with DOWNLOAD NOW!!! links and i was sure i accidentally clicked a stupid advertisement but im not sure. just a second ago i clicked it again and clicked Facebook but then it said it would give 4shared my public page, e mails, contacts, and all my other info and there is no way i want to do that is there another way?

You want to click on the button that says Free Download, then wait for 20 seconds (that's the hidden price of "free") and then it will start downloading. The "Download Now" button is a trade-up subscription/membership service so you don't have to wait 20 seconds for each download. All the other animated junk is ads.

You want to click on the button that says Free Download, then wait for 20 seconds (that's the hidden price of "free") and then it will start downloading. The "Download Now" button is a trade-up subscription/membership service so you don't have to wait 20 seconds for each download. All the other animated junk is ads.

Well i figured out how to get around the screen with the social media links saying they want all my onfo but when i clicked the button after waiting 20 seconds it just re directed me to TranslationBuddy.com and there is no link to skipp the add. and when i go back it starts all over again. this is making me feel dumb but its stuffed to the brim with adds and i still cant download the pepakura file.

ok i figured it out. i had no choice but to make a 4shared account. i would have rather not but thats a s,mall price to pay for the armor file i wanted. and thanks for the help.

Yes, oddly you're required to have a 4shared account in order to download/upload anything at their site. I figured you already had that.

I had been working on a model, but I forgot how to explode the model into it's different faces in blender. I need to do this so I can split the model into it's respective armor pieces.

Hello everyone!

I recently joined the 405th and I hope someone out there could help me. Its more of a modeling question than a Pepakura question so I hope I am posting in the right place.

Recently, I started to tackle my first armor project, Megaman Zero from the Megaman Zero series. I found some awesome Megaman Zero blaster models that I would like to modify for Pepakura.
However, no matter how many faces/vertices and edges I merge, there are still parts of the models that aren't connected. Not even the 'Combine' tool in Maya 2014 seems to fix this problem and whenever I print out the .pdo file [after unfolding it and disjoining faces], there are parts of the blaster that aren't numbered [yes the 'Show Edge ID' is checked in pepakura], and I cannot build the blaster properly.

Is there anyone that can help me with combining/fixing the models up for Pepakura? I would greatly appreciate it!

Wanting to get into my first build but I'm currently on the road with work. I only have assess to a tablet. Will this work to download the program and print?

Does anyone have a 3d model of the spartan laser from reach? NOT the halo 3 or 4 variants, i'm looking for the reach laser. Thanks!

HI guys I have a Pepakura question. Wanting to work on my next cosplay I have been looking around but i have not found any pepakura images for this character alt skin.
Wondering if anyone has seen it or able to help with it.
Character: Singed (augmented singed skin)

HI guys I have a Pepakura question. Wanting to work on my next cosplay I have been looking around but i have not found any pepakura images for this character alt skin.
Wondering if anyone has seen it or able to help with it.
Character: Singed (augmented singed skin)

Check therpf.com. I think there is a League of legends section or something. And please try not to necropost. :)

Help!
Been working on trying to make giant heads. Dragon skull(900mm from nose to the tip of the skull) and a Stark Direwolf (pretty much 300mm^3). Each time I have printed them all out in one shot, doing the same thing I have always done with helmets and other pieces of armor.

Each time I go to put sections together I get a lot of edges that don't quite match up. I'm not talking about the part numbers; I do not use those as they're not very reliable and I like my pieces to fit nice and tight. I've had success with that up until these large pieces. I have edges and corners not coming together, either too tight or not tight enough where there are larger than normal holes between edges and corners.

Have I hit the wrong button or have done something random and weird? Again, I've made several helmets and have never had this problem other than your normal holes the size of a pin head. The gaps I have are anywhere between 1/8in to a half inch rectangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back