Help making halo infinite Master Chief style armor!

Hi trystanmills200 !

Welcome to the 405th! It seems you accidently posted the same thread twice. That's ok! We'll just continue in this one. I hope to provide you with some resources with your Chief build.

For starters, I'd like to introduce you to the different parts of the 405th website. You'll want to check out the tutorials section! There are lots of tutorials for every part of costume building there.
A great place to start, especially if you're new to working with foam, is the "Foam guide"
Hopefully you can give that tutorial a solid read-through to understand the basics of foam crafting.

Now, before you start any cosplay project it's important to understand exactly what you want to build. What kind of armour? What game? It seems you have already answered this question: Halo Infinite Master Chief. The next step, since you have already decided you want to work with foam, is to find some templates for you to follow. The 405th does have a vast armory with all sorts of files, but we do not have halo infinite templates just yet. There are a few people making a foam Infinite Chief at the moment, so I've looked through their build threads to see where they got their templates.
Scarlet Impaler is using Heroes workshop files in this thread
RedRends and TylerBH2014 also have halo Infinite Chief builds, but I'm not sure which templates they use. (Hopefully by me pinging them here they will let us know!)

It's always a good idea to do research before you start a build. Do a few searches to see who else if building or has build that same set of armour on the 405th. You'll be able to read through other people's build threads and see how they tackled each part of their projects. (I'd start by checking out the build threads of the members that I mentioned above.)

Once you find templates (and printable files for 3D printed parts) you'll want to start crafting. Check out some of the step-by-step tutorials in the tutorials section to get in-depth help, and post you progress in this build tread so the community can give you advice and feedback. Hopefully you'll be making progress in no time!

I'll also leave this here for you in case you find it helpful. I recently completed a halo Infinite mk 7 build. I posted a video tutorial on YouTube that you may find useful. It covers the basics of each step of how I made a foam Halo suit. Of course, there are many different methods and techniques, so this tutorial is not the end-all-be-all of tutorials, but it's always helpful to see how other people tackle similar challenges.

Feel free to ask any question you may have. There's lots of members on here that are happy to answer, or direct you to resources that can answer your question.

I double on the suggestion to just do a bunch of research on foam. Here, Punished Props, Evil Ted, etc etc. There is a lot going on with tools and techniques.

On note of the Heroes Workshop files, you mileage with them will vary. They aren't as complete as they need to be and not beginner friendly. Hell, I might even suggestion not doing Halo Infinite Chief as the first one. Halo 2 or 3 Chief are just as awesome, but much simpler while having the same look (ie, should be much easier to build as a first-time project), and may likely have more in-depth tutorials and build videos to follow. Or any other set of Spartan or ODST armor that has in-depth tutorials to follow, I suggest the Random Ranger Reach videos, very descriptive. It won't be Chief, but it would be yours.

Hi trystanmills200 !

Welcome to the 405th! It seems you accidently posted the same thread twice. That's ok! We'll just continue in this one. I hope to provide you with some resources with your Chief build.

For starters, I'd like to introduce you to the different parts of the 405th website. You'll want to check out the tutorials section! There are lots of tutorials for every part of costume building there.
A great place to start, especially if you're new to working with foam, is the "Foam guide"
Hopefully you can give that tutorial a solid read-through to understand the basics of foam crafting.

Now, before you start any cosplay project it's important to understand exactly what you want to build. What kind of armour? What game? It seems you have already answered this question: Halo Infinite Master Chief. The next step, since you have already decided you want to work with foam, is to find some templates for you to follow. The 405th does have a vast armory with all sorts of files, but we do not have halo infinite templates just yet. There are a few people making a foam Infinite Chief at the moment, so I've looked through their build threads to see where they got their templates.
Scarlet Impaler is using Heroes workshop files in this thread
RedRends and TylerBH2014 also have halo Infinite Chief builds, but I'm not sure which templates they use. (Hopefully by me pinging them here they will let us know!)

It's always a good idea to do research before you start a build. Do a few searches to see who else if building or has build that same set of armour on the 405th. You'll be able to read through other people's build threads and see how they tackled each part of their projects. (I'd start by checking out the build threads of the members that I mentioned above.)

Once you find templates (and printable files for 3D printed parts) you'll want to start crafting. Check out some of the step-by-step tutorials in the tutorials section to get in-depth help, and post you progress in this build tread so the community can give you advice and feedback. Hopefully you'll be making progress in no time!

I'll also leave this here for you in case you find it helpful. I recently completed a halo Infinite mk 7 build. I posted a video tutorial on YouTube that you may find useful. It covers the basics of each step of how I made a foam Halo suit. Of course, there are many different methods and techniques, so this tutorial is not the end-all-be-all of tutorials, but it's always helpful to see how other people tackle similar challenges.

Feel free to ask any question you may have. There's lots of members on here that are happy to answer, or direct you to resources that can answer your question.
Tyler and I both used templates from (im probably spelling this wrong) Shanedark (and then a number). Tyler has it in his thread somewhere which is where I found it. Would definitely recommend

Thank you for all the support!
I'm not actually making a chief armor but I needed the mark 6/7 style armor for my custom spartan character that most of my accounts are named after
I decided to go down the 3d printing route as I have friends who are very talented in modeling and printing who are glad to help me print and make my armor.
I do want to work with foam more in the future as I did make a very bad marine armor out of foam for Halloween this year so I will be looking into all the help that you all have given me

Thank you all!

Thank you for all the support!
I'm not actually making a chief armor but I needed the mark 6/7 style armor for my custom spartan character that most of my accounts are named after
I decided to go down the 3d printing route as I have friends who are very talented in modeling and printing who are glad to help me print and make my armor.
I do want to work with foam more in the future as I did make a very bad marine armor out of foam for Halloween this year so I will be looking into all the help that you all have given me

Thank you all!
Hi, I'm printing my own armour at the moment, check out my build thread (linked below) to see some of the mistakes to avoid :lol:.
In all seriousness, best of luck man!

my suggestion is that u build the gauntlets, boots and the shin pieces out of foam. that just way more comfy than a 3d print, trust me.. i´m a doctor.
jokes aside, u can print the rest those 3 parts should be out of foam <3

I double on the suggestion to just do a bunch of research on foam. Here, Punished Props, Evil Ted, etc etc. There is a lot going on with tools and techniques.

On note of the Heroes Workshop files, you mileage with them will vary. They aren't as complete as they need to be and not beginner friendly. Hell, I might even suggestion not doing Halo Infinite Chief as the first one. Halo 2 or 3 Chief are just as awesome, but much simpler while having the same look (ie, should be much easier to build as a first-time project), and may likely have more in-depth tutorials and build videos to follow. Or any other set of Spartan or ODST armor that has in-depth tutorials to follow, I suggest the Random Ranger Reach videos, very descriptive. It won't be Chief, but it would be yours.
Hi my name is John thanks for the info. I was not looking at halo 3 master chief. Really looks nice....again thanks

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back