Help on tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyfu

Jr Member
Hello fellow 405ers!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here but an old boss of mine recently just approached me with an offer to try and sell some kind of new tablet around my college campus. Here are some specs:

Bmorn BM-999 MID 8.9-inch Touch Screen Android HDMI 8GB
●System:Android
●Support HDMI videos
●Support 3G function
●Support WIFI function
●OTG function supported
●TV-OUT function supported
●USB 2.0 high speed transmission
●Support many music formats including MP3,WMA,WAV,FLAC,APE,OGG,AAC,ETC.
●Support many HD video formats as MPEG(AVI),RM,RMVB,FLV,MKV,MP4,MOV,VOB,DAT,3GP,ETC.
●Support E-book reading function
●Support touch & remote control
●Support many formats picture browsing
●Support 720P videos(1280*720 pixels)
●8.9 inch 262K color HD TFT display (1024*600)
●Built-in double track high-power loudspeakers

One of my biggest gripes about it though is that it's a Chinese company, and there's starting to become a big market for them. Although he's offering them for cheap, I still don't know how well they would do.
here's a youtube link:

and in this video it seems to run pretty fast...but still! Should I even try to sell some of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you're in it for the profit and if it comes without any strings attached (like you yourself having to replace the ones that fail), why not. Would I recommend them? No.

These things are clearly very cost efficient (Notice how he uses his fingernails all the time in the video? Resistive touchscreen!), and considering the specs, they're also geared towards consuming media, not towards "work" (you know, taking notes, writing stuff). A college student may have need for such a device, but certainly not because he's a college student.
If you ask me: Somebody who is really serious about working and being mobile gets a Thinkpad, not some noname device from China. No offense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back