Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBananaMC

Everytime I try to open a file pepakura designer says "Failed to open a file". I am downloading my files off the old 405th archive since I have access to that.

He says he's not sure, could it be a computer issue? Any other programs need updated? Could be messing with your other programs. It's just a shot in the dark, without actually being able to look at the computer, and not being too familiar with pepakura designer, all I can do is guess lol sorry!!

Last edited:
MrBananaMC - is it happening with all of the files you are trying to open? Or just one in particular?

I have seen this with a few files on the Old Archive, even before the move sometimes. Like Angela said, let usknow which files and I can double check, and also look through my personal files to see if I have it saved.

I've also heard from some of the members I've been getting files for, that they aren't opening. One off the top of my head was the H3 ODST Foam full suit pack.

I have heard similar issues as well.

I've also heard from some of the members I've been getting files for, that they aren't opening. One off the top of my head was the H3 ODST Foam full suit pack.
I just downloaded this and I've been able to open the files inside the zip file with PD.

Just downloaded the H3 ODST Foam full suit pack and other then a unzipping workaround they work fine.

As can I but this other member couldn't even after I broke the pack up individually.

Hmmmm....so perhaps a software issue on their end potentially??

I just downloaded this and I've been able to open the files inside the zip file with PD.

Interesting, I myself am unable to download it or unzip it.

I only have Pepakura Viewer, not Pepakura Designer. Perhaps that is part of the issue?
Or maybe it is Browser related? I'm on Firefox.

I downloaded it on Firefox with addons running (Ad blocker, Ghostery). Unzipped with 7 Zip (open archive,select zip, then extract like normal). Also the PDO's open without problems on Pep Designer 3.1.5 and 4.0.2 and Pep Viewer 3 and 4.

I downloaded it and it failed too. all the zip files, and .pdo files appear to be corrupt on my browser

Well, just for one more wrinkle, I download the program Dracos used, "7 Zip," and was able to follow his instructions and successfully unzip and extract the files that I previously had been unable to extract with other programs and to open those extracted files in Pep Viewer *Shrugging emoji?*

Cadet, I use 7zip, but no luck either. 7zip says it's unreadable.

try the Halo Reach needle rifle. that's another file that won't work for me. if it works, could you send it to me? I've already downloaded it, but when I try, it's 'corrupt'.

I appreciate all the help you've given.

Find the downloaded zip file.
Right click
Scroll to 7-Zip >
Open archive >
zip (click here)

7%20zip_zpsagofet4v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back