Help wanna make a good free Mc armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil2Dante said:
ok so i'm 11 and i wanna make some good halo 2 or 1 armor but i can't get any of the stuff for pep i only have like the normal printing paper which i think you can't use and we don't have much cardboard around so any ideas?

Well, i know a method that just might work.... steal a few street signs, get some sort of burning/ melting utensil, then take up sculpting. the result will be a metal suit minus the visor. oh, and you would have to get all black clothes or something. but yeah, it would be good to melt the signs down and make a suit out of them, someone's like "They did it!" and you can just tell police or whomever you don't know what they're talking about. but yeah, a suit would be minimum of ten dollars just for the paint i think. and a nice one would have to have stuffing. or cotton balls....

Last edited by a moderator:
Deno458 said:
Well, i know a method that just might work.... steal a few street signs, get some sort of burning/ melting utensil, then take up sculpting. the result will be a metal suit minus the visor. oh, and you would have to get all black clothes or something. but yeah, it would be good to melt the signs down and make a suit out of them, someone's like "They did it!" and you can just tell police or whomever you don't know what they're talking about. but yeah, a suit would be minimum of ten dollars just for the paint i think. and a nice one would have to have stuffing. or cotton balls....

How's he going to melt them down, a conventional oven wouldn't work, he'd need a froge.

it wasn't a serious idea. so how much money does he have to spend on this? even if his parents think it's a waste of money, he may have 50 bucks from a birthday or something.

I estimate my ODST suit'll be about $200 in the end. Spent over $100 on the BDUs and visor alone :whistle:
Other $100 is for cardstock, resin, fiberglass, rest of the materials with some cushion for emergencies.

I think the only option for an 11 year old kid is either make it out of carboard or some how raise 2000 buks to buy a nice suit. Cause i think pep might be a bit complicated for you and molding is definately out of the question in every way.

IMHO. If you're going to do it do it right. Make something you can be proud of. Ask your neighbors to mow their lawn or help them out around there house for some cash. When I was younger I made plenty of cash mowing lawns and washing cars. The best part about it is it's untaxed and at those ages you don't have any real bills. I could make like 20 bucks washing a car in about an hours time. So if you can get about 10 relatives or neighbors to let you thats 200 bucks.

Macattack64 said:
I don't know if this will work but you might try to do it on normal paper and cover it in duct tape :\
I think I might've been the first one to suggest duct tape a few weeks ago. I'd started earlier in the month with the taping, but then I had my usual fit of impatience and just bought cardstock. Only try that if you've got time to kill, no homework, and no job. >__>

Cardstock is much stiffer than taped paper, and will hold its shape much better. Taped paper is...well...bendy.

I can't guarantee that the taping method will work, because I never finished piecing my tape helmet together.

It's a good thing that you're interested in make a Mjolnir outfit. Halo fans don't just play halo all day, they do things like this, but I need to say one thing. If you are 11 years old then you would for sure need an adult around you to help you with the resin and what not. The resin is toxic and you can get very sick from it.

I have my own questions, however. I was wondering where you can get padding for the inside of the helmet and other pieces of armor, and where you can get straps to fit onto your armor so it doesn't fall off and stuff. Also, where would one attach these straps. Thanks.

Devil2Dante said:
???ok... why would i do that do i would need a forge lol

it was a joke.... the taking street sighns i mean...which means the forge is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back