Help with buying paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Duck

Hello! Sorry for my bad english!

I'm from Brazil, and I've started pepping an Iron Man Helmet.

I live in a small city, so It's very hard find certain stuff here, most i've bought online, so I've spent lots of money. But I'm happy because the helmet is becoming very good although it is my first build.

I've built a Sharkmark helmet with 300g paper, resined, fiberglass on inside and polyester mass (like bondo, I think) on the outside.

There are a lot of bondo and sanding to do.

But here's the problem:

I can't find "spray primer" in any local store. I can't find "metalized cherry spray paint" either, only solid red.

I find online on different stores but the shipping is very expensive. I wanna buy everything paint-related on a same store, but i can't find everything at the same place.

So, I'm thinking to import the paint from the US. Could you recommend a good online store where I can find spray paint and primer and have international shipping? Could be a e-bay store too! I'm also asking this because I don't know good brands outside my country.

I found primer (In a can, no spray), there's a chance to have a decent painting job applying the primer with brushes?

If I suceed: After the painting job, should I apply other product? What?

Thank you! I could post some pictures If you want!

Cya.

Any place that you can buy autoparts should have the stuff you need. If the primer is in a can then you might need reducer and hardener to use it as well as a special gun for spraying. As for the metalized red you could go with a silver base coat and a transparent red to give it the shin you want.

Have you tried the Brazil ebay site since its in your own country and shipping wouldn't be as expensive. I did a quick little search and found some spray paint but I cant read anything because its all in Portuguese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back