Help with emile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob007

Hello everyone. I’m new to halo cosplay making, and I would like to make my first suit Emile. Could someone please list out the parts he uses, I know he has like a security shoulder, but I want to be sure on all the parts. Thank you.

Noble 4 – Emile – Emile-A239
Helmet - EVA HUL
Left Shoulder - Operator
Right Shoulder - Security/Kukri
Chest - Assault/Sapper
Knees - FJ/Para

Attachments - Assault Breacher, Tactical Soft Case
Files Needed:
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - EVA
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Security
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Operator
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Accessories
Thank you this helps a ton! Which part do you think I should start with?

Welcome to the 405th Bob! Which piece you start with is up to you. Some people like to start with the helmet, a grand piece that gives them motivation to keep on making the suit. However, others like making smaller, less detailed parts that they can easily remake as they progress their skills.

Welcome to the 405th Bob! Which piece you start with is up to you. Some people like to start with the helmet, a grand piece that gives them motivation to keep on making the suit. However, others like making smaller, less detailed parts that they can easily remake as they progress their skills.
Thanks! I plan on buying a fiberglass helmet kit if all goes well, since I’m more familiar with that. But I think I’m going to start with the shoulders. Maybe left then right, I only have 4 sheets of foam at the moment.

Hello again. I have a couple more questions.

What should I use for the red highlighted parts on the operator shoulder?

Attachments

• 3BCA6BC8-EA9D-4E63-AD7C-83470B01E23A.jpeg
    3BCA6BC8-EA9D-4E63-AD7C-83470B01E23A.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 144
I would use craft foam - that is, EVA foam somewhere between 2-4mm thick. That'll allow you to easily get that detail.

Also, when I highlight all the parts on this shin one hole side is still white. Is it incomplete?

And, is there a way to make cleaner cuts than what I have? I’m just using a Milwaukee box cutter.
Thank you.

Attachments

• E9686E74-3D73-448C-B79D-1EC25D47DE1F.jpeg
    E9686E74-3D73-448C-B79D-1EC25D47DE1F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 127
  • EDAF1F94-C428-4FDE-A2EB-5E24BBBB4BD8.jpeg
    EDAF1F94-C428-4FDE-A2EB-5E24BBBB4BD8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
Also, when I highlight all the parts on this shin one hole side is still white. Is it incomplete?

And, is there a way to make cleaner cuts than what I have? I’m just using a Milwaukee box cutter.
Thank you.
Do I see someone making reach shins as well? I just finished mine and could show/help you if you like ^_^

Thank you.
The #1 tip for clean cuts is a sharp knife. This means either replacing the blade frequently or, even better, using a knife sharpener after a few cuts. To clean up cuts and edges, a rotary tool (like a Dremel) is probably the best investment in a power tool for cosplay, especially with foam.

Thank you.
I have not personally built a set of Reach shins, but, often times Unfolders will leave off pieces/move the pieces off the visible screen to reduce the number of pages members needed to print out as those pieces are simply mirror duplicates. In these cases you only need to print off one piece and then flip it over to use as the corresponding pieces on the other side of the part. Check the part that is "Missing" and see if it is a mirror duplicate of the same spot on the other side of the shin. If it is, just take the piece that prints out and flip it over and sue that for the other side.

The Great Schism of the 405th, what is the best adhesive.

One vote for CA glue for seams backed with high temp hot glue. It's more prone to popping seams than contact cement but less PPE is required during assembly and putting parts together is quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back