Help With Gluing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Cow

Jr Member
So I have a whole bunch of pieces folded and now I don't know how to glue them, where the taps are that you fold do you put glue on those flatten them out and put it on the other piece or do you put it in the crevasse(Spelling?), I know it seems like a dumb question I really just don't want to screw up, thanks

Its coming along ok, how long dose it usually take to pepa a whole helmet,( I'm doing an ODST) I haven't finished the bottom all the way around and it kinda is real saggy will that change one both sides are connected?

There is a great discussion about what glue to use.

You can get great results with both hot glue and white glue,

I tried both, I think I will make my next helmet with white wood glue, extra fast.

I dont live in the US, and thats why i havent tried it, but I heard something about TACKY GLUE, that you should try too

@ Indigo cow:

Depending on your exp and thoroughness of your cuttin, scoring and glueing, also on how much time you have, it can take 1-4 weeks

I guess. My first pepakura helmet took me 7 days to cut, score and fold, and 3 days to glue. But I think I rushed a bit with the glueing, so you can maybe say about 2 weeks.

Tacky glue is really good, just apply a thin layer(both surfaces), wait about, id say 10-15 seconds, press together and hold for a few seconds, then it has a pretty strong hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back