Help with Hp Printer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhood32

Hail 405th, recently i came home from a long journey around the US , laid waste to Spartans in Halo 5 Multiplayer, now my biggest challenger has arrived the printer i have used for all the costumes i've built with y'all suddenly wont take the paper in, where this has been an issue before normally i had fixed it by pressing the paper foward, this no longer works, any advice on how to fix this?

Lordhood

Howdy, Lord Hood.

Would something be jammed inside the intake? If you feel up to it, I would disassemble the section and take a look.
Or, try pushing the stock in while it's running.

any advice on how to fix this?

Lordhood

I'm not sure which HP printer you have, but I recently went internetting for a printer to use for pepping and came close to buying an HP Officejet 4365, until I found out that it does not support cardstock. This is not widely advertised. I only found confirmation that it doesn't from a HP rep buried in a support forum. From what I've read many people have had similar stories that you just mentioned, "It worked, but now it doesn't." Basically the tech said that the printer only supported 5" x 7" carstock and that anything larger was not guaranteed to work. Again, you could have a different printer, but I was surprised when I discovered this and thought I would share. If you're curious, I went with the Canon Pixma MX922. rated pretty high and the price was good. Oh and, Welcome home!

Howdy, Lord Hood.

Would something be jammed inside the intake? If you feel up to it, I would disassemble the section and take a look.
Or, try pushing the stock in while it's running.

I'm not sure which HP printer you have, but I recently went internetting for a printer to use for pepping and came close to buying an HP Officejet 4365, until I found out that it does not support cardstock. This is not widely advertised. I only found confirmation that it doesn't from a HP rep buried in a support forum. From what I've read many people have had similar stories that you just mentioned, "It worked, but now it doesn't." Basically the tech said that the printer only supported 5" x 7" carstock and that anything larger was not guaranteed to work. Again, you could have a different printer, but I was surprised when I discovered this and thought I would share. If you're curious, I went with the Canon Pixma MX922. rated pretty high and the price was good. Oh and, Welcome home!

I thank you for your responses, Of the time of posting this thread my mind was still in Cryo sleep so to speak, the Printer in question is a Hp Laserjet 1020

I thank you for your responses, Of the time of posting this thread my mind was still in Cryo sleep so to speak, the Printer in question is a Hp Laserjet 1020

Yeah, I mean I work with a Kodak Nexpress platform and Xerox machines. So I may not have the best knowledge on desktop machines. I'd try to rule out that it's a stock problem by putting standard 80gsm paper in. A quick google has found that it can handle 60gsm to 163gsm.

Yeah, I mean I work with a Kodak Nexpress platform and Xerox machines. So I may not have the best knowledge on desktop machines. I'd try to rule out that it's a stock problem by putting standard 80gsm paper in. A quick google has found that it can handle 60gsm to 163gsm.
I just tried running normal printer paper through, no go

The feed system is usually rubber. The friction produced by the soft rubber is what grabs the paper and pushes it along. Over time this rubber can harden or get dirty. When it hardens, the rubber gets smooth and feels like plastic. This is like the drive system on most VCR's. That's why VCR's start to "eat" tapes. I used to replace those with rubber gaskets. Sometimes I couldn't replace them. Cleaning with rubbing alcohol or some other kind of solvent may help. As for maybe being dirty. Older computer mice with the ball had this kind of problem. The ball used friction against plastic rollers. Cleaning the ball and the rollers was needed. I had used a q-tip with some alcohol to clean mine until I upgraded to laser.

Before you take it apart, clean everything, and put it back together. Make sure the feed bar is actually moving. If you've been feeding the paper in manually before, something may have come loose or broken. Fixing a non moving feed bar is harder to fix than just cleaning everything.

Do other people have access to this printer? If it worked before you left, and quit before you got back, someone may have done something to it (broken). It would be hard to prove or even get someone to tell the truth since if they feel like they are at fault, they might feel you would want them to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back