Help with Pepakura Cuts and Folds

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneScapWolfPack

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65399110@N03/5955759724/

I am a little new to this and any advice would help. I have multiple pieces which I'm not sure whether to cut or fold or both. I set mountainfolds to blue and Valley folds to red. They are marked with 2 matching numbers on each side but there is a valley fold line that goes through it as well as a black line. Just need to know if I'm supposed to cut or fold or a little of both and would like to know this if I run into it on another piece of armor. Tried searching the site for this couldn't find.

These lines are actually cut lines with tabs that are super super tiny. You can just score them and fold then in the direction they were meant to be folded in. Some of these however have visible tabs on them, but they are really tiny, too small to be scored and folded. For those I cut them, place one side over where the tab starts and glue the back of the cut. Basically it ends up with one side of the cut overlapping the other side by a tiny bit. I know its confusing, but its hard to explain. Hope it makes sense to you.

Welcome to the forums.

The case you've pictured is due to the fact that there is a small amount space between the two edges. Because there is some space the pepakura program presents it as if you'd cut it and glue the two edges together. Since the space is so small the two edges essentially overlap as if to be a fold-line (valley in this case) so I wouldn't cut it, rather only fold it.

In the future please try to place questions in appropriate help threads before creating posts dedicated to one, fairly simple, question. This would be a great question for the pepakura help thread (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura). You can find the help (or sticky) threads at the top of the thread lists in the different forums (make sure to check them out, especially those in the noob forum).

Good luck with your build.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65399110@N03/5955759724/

I am a little new to this and any advice would help. I have multiple pieces which I'm not sure whether to cut or fold or both. I set mountainfolds to blue and Valley folds to red. They are marked with 2 matching numbers on each side but there is a valley fold line that goes through it as well as a black line. Just need to know if I'm supposed to cut or fold or a little of both and would like to know this if I run into it on another piece of armor. Tried searching the site for this couldn't find.

The part is overlapping itself, I've marked the "hidden" parts (one and a half flaps) on the image below. The dotted lines are hidden, relatively flat fold lines you can probably ignore. Try opening the file in Pepakura Designer and split the piece at the valley fold between edges 707 and 709, that should clear up how everything looks. You can also build it that way, but changing the file will mess up your edge IDs. I'd just leave it the way it is, cut the black line and not to anything else to that edge. The rest of the model will probably push it into place.

SmallRedValleylines-1.png

Thank you guys so much and the quickness in response! I will aim to put these questions in the appropriate areas as I am new to this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back