Help with Skyrim Pepakura Swords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

I am making Skyrim weapons and hoping to find strong material so the weapons can be used for battle/choreography. Any Ideas? Also is there anything I can fill on the inside to make the pep model stronger?

If you want to do LARP or something similar, your best bet is to either make them entirely out of foam with perhaps a wood or PVC dowel through the core for stability, or else pep the weapons, make a mold from them, and cast them in something sturdy but flexible, like silicone rubber (again, a dowel suspended into the core during the molding process should give it some strength), but that could get expensive with essentially creating a solid, 2-4 ft piece of silicon. Traditional pep methods would be too brittle to survive more than a few clashes. In fact, most of the methods for weapon and prop making you'll find in the forums wouldn't be good for what you want to do, as they are for making props, show pieces that are not in any way meant to be functional or "combat ready," not even choreographed fighting unless the people wielding them are very, very good at the art of the "pulled blow," rarely, if ever, actually making contact with anyone or anything.

I agree with Zaff, using traditional pepping methods would result in the sword breaking only after a few hits. Fiberglass is a strong material, but not when spread thin. If your looking to fill the sword in I would suggest spray foam. I used spray foam inside my Gravity Hammer (pictured below) and it added more sturdiness to the hammer head and blade. The downside is, when spray foam dries it also expands, causing the piece to bow out and the blade looks bloated. If you're going to do it this way, I suggest 'sandwhiching' the piece between some heavy boards or even building a case to surround it so the foam can't expand, and be sure to leave an open area where the excess can spill out. It's messy, but it's probably the cheapest option if your not good with wood working or don't want to spend a lot on silicone.

CIMG2090_zpsf9f2e958.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG2090_zpsf9f2e958.jpg
    CIMG2090_zpsf9f2e958.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 250
Or buy some poly foam II it won't cause blowout, also cures inside and out unlike spray foam.
ygyredab.jpg

Attachments

• ygyredab.jpg
    ygyredab.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back