Here it is, rought and uncut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgon47

So guys, here is my armor.

After a bit of help from Adam, I ordered my materials and got to work. It was a long grueling couple of days, and my hands are 50 perecent plastic, but it is at least in the rough. Ill be cleaning it all up this first half of the week and painting it and finishing my helmet the next half to be done in time for the H3 release.

Photo-00241.jpg

Photo-00231.jpg

Photo-0021.jpg

drgon47 said:
So guys, here is my armor.

After a bit of help from Adam, I ordered my materials and got to work. It was a long grueling couple of days, and my hands are 50 perecent plastic, but it is at least in the rough. Ill be cleaning it all up this first half of the week and painting it and finishing my helmet the next half to be done in time for the H3 release.

Nice job man, keep us posted!

Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eight days man, you can do it!

Put lots of matte clear coat on it once it's painted or you'll be in chip spot city when you wear it around.

I really want to see how people will put together one of Adam's kits, so this is great.

Good luck.

Imagine my horror when i held up my, almost finished clay helmet up to the chest piece. Its TOO BIG!. GAH. So, when I get home tonight Ill start cleaning up my armor, cutting holes and such. Then after it gets dark, Ill go inside and start working on a proper sized helmet. Itll be rough, yes. Just be plain fiberglass and Ill have to make it pass for the launch with a killer paintjob to grab most of the detail.

Well folks, heres some pictures of it painted.

Italian Olive with a satin finish and hammered aluminum for the wear and tear. I havnt decided if Im going to do the black highlighting.

And apparantly my thighs are HUGE. Im going to have to do some, creative modifications to the thighs so I can fit them....I feel fat. Oh well. Master Cheif let him self go on the ride back to earth from Delta Halo :p

Its dusk right now, so pics arnt all that great =/

haha013.jpg

haha012.jpg

haha011.jpg

haha010.jpg

looks just like mine! i spent all night sanding the edges with an orbital sander. now im taking a break, and early tomorrow morning ill be cutting the various arm/leg holes and other sharp pieces off with a dremel. gotta get all those pointy bits out of the insides, i dont wanna be stabbing myself as i walk. also gotta hit the chest and back with a heat gun to straighten them out. looks like you might have to do the same thing.

im painting the inside of every piece black, and im definitely doing the black highlights (lowlights? shading?) on mine. since mine is going to be gold, i dont want it to just be one big shiny golden nugget, i need to accent those details.

I used a varity of carbide cutting bits provided by my boss along with an angle grinder and some 1/4" and 1" sanding mandrils. Took me 2 evenings of work to get everything cut and sanded. The only thing i really need to take the heat gun to is my cod piece and the thighs....Im still in a bit of a pickle with those....

You might get the needed extra room in your thigh segments of the greaves if you take out the hard serpentine inner sections and replace it with cut and layered rubber or something similar.

>,>

Yeah, I just finished the paper helmet tonight. Its going to be a basic helmet and Ill work some more detail into it after the launch for various conventions. Its the right size now and I took a little bit of liberty with the neck seal so its easy to slip on and off.

dude its so sick. im gonna need help when i start mine. i know nothing of fiberglass and alla that. well yes i read the stickies. th thing im going to need help with is actually putting it on and knowing what to do with it is all.

Looks good. You forgot to use the black paint to fill in the details, and add shadows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back