Hey everybody. New to forum and

Status
Not open for further replies.

themartin

Hey everyone,
Well first thing first Ive been lurking around the boards for a while now and after reading up all that I can I decided to jump in and see what I can do. I started off with Flying Squirrels EOD helm. It turned out alright aside from being on the small side. Scaled for 24cm and it fits more like a mask than a helm. So I got the size test helm for Flying squirrels MC HD helm. That too turned out too small. While they look cool and all I think Im gonna finish the EOD but in a larger size. Not just large enough to wear but large enough to actually be considered a Helmet. I dont know how many of you have real Helmets (motorcycle, Army, etc) but they run on the large size. I mean they are supposed ot protect your head. Ill be starting the Pep tonight and if all goes well I should have some fiberglass done by monday.

here are some pics from my cell phone.

EOD before I aligned everything with the MC tester behind
EODsmall.jpg

MC tester on my spare "ride along" helmet. note how much smaller it is.
mctest.jpg

Firstly, welcome to the forums! You've been lurking for a while so you probably know all the shizz.

Secondly, nice job on those helmets. You could probably clean up your connections a bit, but it's just practice and it looks awesome so far.

Good luck on the rest of your build!

Thanks for the comments,

Darkfire said:
Firstly, welcome to the forums! You've been lurking for a while so you probably know all the shizz.

Secondly, nice job on those helmets. You could probably clean up your connections a bit, but it's just practice and it looks awesome so far.

Good luck on the rest of your build!

yea the connections are not the greatest. I did them kinda late at night. Also I dont mind too much since ill be doing most of the detail work in the bondo stage. Also since Im redoing them in a larger scale I can look at pep thats made, compare it to some reference pics, and determine how i want it to look and what parts should get more attention than others. (It also helps me see where I effed up. ) all in all i think it will work out for the better.

Ill post up pics of the updated, resized version as soon as i get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back