Hey ....fibreglassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallis

Hey everybody , hows it going?

I've recently found somebody who is being EXTREMELY kind and is printing off every piece of armor for me ,
I can easily accomplish making the pepakura seeing as how ive done so before , but i was curious .... if i was to fibreglass the helmet ,how much fibreglass mat would i need to make my helmet very strong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and or help :) have a good day everyone...

EDIT*

and i apologize if this has already been posted ....if it has been posted feel free to delete this topic...

dallis said:
Hey everybody , hows it going?

I've recently found somebody who is being EXTREMELY kind and is printing off every piece of armor for me ,
I can easily accomplish making the pepakura seeing as how ive done so before , but i was curious .... if i was to fibreglass the helmet ,how much fibreglass mat would i need to make my helmet very strong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and or help :) have a good day everyone...

EDIT*

and i apologize if this has already been posted ....if it has been posted feel free to delete this topic...

i just put 1 layer of resin inside and out, then one layer of fiberglass inside, and another layer of resin inside and the things is hard as a rock.. and has some good weight to it, if u want it reallly hard i say do 2 layers of fiberglass and 2 layers of resin over top to keep it smooth.. keep in mind, the more fiberglass and resin, the heavier its gonna be :D

Last edited by a moderator:
TwistedCory said:
i just put 1 layer of resin inside and out, then one layer of fiberglass inside, and another layer of resin inside and the things is hard as a rock.. and has some good weight to it, if u want it reallly hard i say do 2 layers of fiberglass and 2 layers of resin over top to keep it smooth.. keep in mind, the more fiberglass and resin, the heavier its gonna be :D
Thanks alot bud, it helps alot ... thats all i needed to know ...i made a schedule today to make everything and fibreglass and everything before the 25th so i can walk into wal mart like some people have here before....
,Dallis

dallis said:
Thanks alot bud, it helps alot ... thats all i needed to know ...i made a schedule today to make everything and fibreglass and everything before the 25th so i can walk into wal mart like some people have here before....
,Dallis

what do you have done so far?

TwistedCory said:
what do you have done so far?
Dont kick me in the face haha....im getting the pepakura by sturday i hope....(yes next saturday)
and i kmnow exactly how to do it and everything because i got to fibreglassing on my last project but then my brother ruined everything i built..
so i started over and didnt know what to do when i got to fibreglassing ...

thanks for your help by the way,
,Dallis

dallis said:
Dont kick me in the face haha....im getting the pepakura by sturday i hope....(yes next saturday)
and i kmnow exactly how to do it and everything because i got to fibreglassing on my last project but then my brother ruined everything i built..
so i started over and didnt know what to do when i got to fibreglassing ...

thanks for your help by the way,
,Dallis

no prob man, glad to help... just posted a bondo tut u might wanna check out.. and make sure ur posting pics.. love to see how it goes!

im starting the chest peice tonight!

TwistedCory said:
no prob man, glad to help... just posted a bondo tut u might wanna check out.. and make sure ur posting pics.. love to see how it goes!

im starting the chest peice tonight!
nice work on the chest piece ...i didnt know you were a girl ;-) haha jk
but yea i just read your bondo tutorial and im liking it haha im deffinitly going to use it in my future progress,
thanks alot
,Dallis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back