Hfx's Odst "wip"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloFreakX

Hey 405th, this is my ODST build so far.

There's still a bit that isn't on here yet.

Anyway this is what I've got I'll post links to where I got something later.

Chest

IMG_2027.jpg

Chest w/ Attachment :)

IMG_2029.jpg

Shins( Sorry about that misunderstanding what I meant was I have to pep it one more time. Lol)

IMG_2026.jpg

Knees

IMG_2024.jpg

Better look into the knife :p

IMG_2030.jpg

P.S I had to edit cause I accidently pressed enter while I was typing >_<. And yes this isn't late August, it's better this way I guess though.

just a little tip... you may want to perma-mount the knife if worn in costume out in public. Law Enforcement types are not pleased with real weapons easily deployed... but again... Awesome job thus far!

i love the work you have done here. Nice job. I also think that you should perma-mount the knife. I hope to see more updates soon!

Perma-attached meaning the knife to it's sheath or to chest? They may think it's all prop. Though they are known to take precautions lol.

Thanks,

I'm going to post some pics by the end of the day I just need re-cooperate a bit. I was away for 3 days in Pennsylvania.

Equipment plate 1 Glassed other is resined.

IMG_2033.jpg

Thanks, my first set of armor. Take notes and experiment and don't expect it to be easy, cause it's not always going to turn out the way you wanted.

Das Brutus said:
just a little tip... you may want to perma-mount the knife if worn in costume out in public. Law Enforcement types are not pleased with real weapons easily deployed... but again... Awesome job thus far!

Actually, I called the state police of my state about something similar to this. I plan on buying an actual sword and wanted to put it on my back for my hayabusa costume. I know that with weapons, you are required to have a CCW. I wasn't sure if this included a sword. I'll tell ya right now, I got a good laugh from the cop! LOL He said that in his 20 some years of doing his job, he has NEVER encountered something like this before! HAHA

I explained to him that I would be using it as a prop ONLY and that it is to remain on my back and I would be going out in public with it to comic conventions. He said that he does not see any problem with it, but the people that are running the convention might have an issue with a weapon and being in a public place like that. I explained to him that I though about gluing the blade into the sheath, but I would hate to ruin a perfectly good sword and he agreed with me. I also told him that I though about removing the blade but again I would ruin the sword and I would hate to do that. It doesn't matter whether it's sharp or dull, it can still be a weapon.

But in the end, he did not see a problem with it and that law enforcement should not really see it as a problem, but other people might. He even said that if I wear it and someone has a problem with it, that I could just take it back to my car and leave it there. Otherwise, I would have to make something that looks like a sword and is completely fake OR glue the sword into the sheath.

Hope this info helps you out with your knife issue. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update.. Not Really an update I just decided to show some stuff.

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

Thanks to Kensai and 405th Source for the posters!

Lee did a really nice job on the pistol,a little over scale for you tho :)

Nice Job on the armor and keep it up,id like to see it finished in the near future,

Rube's helmet, it was hard to get an angle for me and I positioned it a bit awkwardly. But yeah it was bigger than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back