high mobility zaku armor project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDelta

Hey every one,
Im biodelta a new person on the 405'th.Im starting a zaku armor for my cosplay. I know there aren't any pepakura files on the zaku, iv'e found a way to make the helmet.So all be posting pictures soon.Im not a pro at this stuff so I will need help form time to time. Im hopeing you guys at the 405'th will give me good pointers on this project.The one thing I want to know, is when you piant cardboard it looks just like Cardboard painted.Should I use a resen or bondo on top of it to make it look more metal.Im hopeing some one can tell me this. Im looking forward to seeing what you all think of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man! good luck on this!

I do not know much about cardboard workings but i am planning on working with it real soon so i guess you may know the answer to this question before i can figure it out XD

Once again good luck and ill be following this thread. Try and get some pics up of some progress as soon as possible so we can see what your doing.

starting model

zaku_ii_high_mobility_johnny_ridden_custom-03698project.jpg

So this is the starting model I’ve come up with for the torso. I’m still waitting on the model to come in to the mail to see the full details. I’m sort of hoping once I get it ill know where to fully start. I’m thinking to start and the lower part it looks a little more easier to pull off. My work throws away a **** load of cardboard every day. So to me theres no limit to it. I’m also going to buy so metallic spray paint and see how it looks in a paint test. I’m going to try and read up on the 405th tutorial’s on fiber glass and bondo. Wish me luck buy next week this project will be in full swing as will bioshock delta.im thinking if this goes well all see if I can make the zeta and agies gundam from gundam seed.

I found an SD Zaku Pdo file, maybe you could consider making that at a human scale and just cutting it to fit yourself. pretty cool I think i found it on Papercraft Musuem of pdo archive... i dont remember.

As for spray painting cardboard you may want to put a layer of resin on before you spray. Every time I would spray cardboard before it would rub off if you handle it, and the metallic sprays look cool.

Thanks for all your help and suggestion's guys. Im going to try the resen thing on some cardboard and see what happens.Ill post pics buy friday.

model's

So they finaly came in the mail, And they look great.I can now start on mesureing my self to see what I need to do. I got alot of cardboard from my work so i just need to make it look good now.Like i said im going to start on the head. I've been trying to make it in cardborad but no luck so im going to mae it out of posterboard.
FILE00101.jpg

FILE0100.jpg

FILE0007.jpg

Wow, the figures look great! Cant wait to see this come to life. Good luck! if it looks half as good as the figures, it will be awesome!

progress

Sorry its been a while guys, but ive been working one more then one project.First im doing subject delta, the zaku and my halo suit.So I started on the bottom and top.Its so far out of cardboard and foamboard.Im going to use craft foam for the start of the head.Its sort of hard to do when you have no outline done for you.I didnt think it would put up this much of a challenge, but i wont give up anytime soon.
Ok picture time XD
FILE0013.jpg

FILE0014.jpg

update

So I've started to shape the front. It was going good at first, but then I tryed it on.Then it all fell apart on me......It's mostly due to the fact that i dont have hot glue but tape one it first.Im waiting for money to come in befor I can get my hot gule sticks. I also put the bottom part on to strenghen it a little till I can get the glue.Im hopeing if I resen the thing it will be stronger. I not sure so if anyone can answer that I'd love you forever.
Ok picture time.
FILE0015.jpg

FILE0020.jpg

FILE0019.jpg

good luck to you man! the Zaku is a Badass MS to build, great choice.... but man the high mobility models have annoying legs....
meh, good on yeh man!

Being tired is the price we pay for eternal vigilance. lol Im hanging around for this build. I really enjoy watching the gundam series / anime. My favourite is the Gundam Wing series. I'll be lurking.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back