Hjc Visor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathwasp

Jr Member
Hey mates. Got myself into a bit of trouble here. My helmet is scaled to 26cm high by 22.6 cm wide by 33cm deep. It's the old model.
It's the perfect scale, fits my head beautifully.
So my question is, does anybody know what size of HJC gold visor I need to order for this puppy?
Thanks, guys.

-Deathwasp

are we talking pepakura here?

if so you would just need to make the visor from pepakura, buy the bigest size and cut around the pepped visor with a dremel to get the size right

-Zen

Last edited by a moderator:
i would just make the visor from pepakura, buy the bigest size and cut around the pepped visor with a dremel to get the size right, im not a pro when it comes to visors, but if your worried about shape, most visors have a bit of felxibility in them, i would go for the biggest size and cut it down, lowers the chance of mistakes, you can go smaller but you cant go bigger.

hope i helped.

-Zen

When trimming, though, be sure not to cut it too short. I have the experience of that, had to get another visor after getting 2 already. 100 bucks spent on visors so far, and i've only done 1 helmet, lol.

Just buy the largest size, you can always cut it down to fit, but you cant add back on if you order too small.

AoBfrost said:
Just buy the largest size, you can always cut it down to fit, but you cant add back on if you order too small.
Thanks guys.
I'm currently trying to figure out WHICH is the largest size. :rolleyes
H-09, H05, H0nine hundred and eighty six...
So confusing! :(
Anywho, new question, since you all have been so helpful...
Is it normal to have your fibreglass mat soak up resin like nobody's business? It's eating my resin supply, I might need to go buy more soon.

Deathwasp said:
Thanks guys.
I'm currently trying to figure out WHICH is the largest size. :rolleyes
H-09, H05, H0nine hundred and eighty six...
So confusing! :(
Anywho, new question, since you all have been so helpful...
Is it normal to have your fibreglass mat soak up resin like nobody's business? It's eating my resi nsupply, I might need to go buy more soon.

yes, its supposed to absors it, but not LOADS of it, just a tad of it

another reccomendation would be using fibreglass tissue rather than mat

the mat makes it alot stronger, but is alot messier, tissue is neat, clean, and u get more of it usually, i prefer using tissue anyway

Zenzeigan said:
yes, its supposed to absors it, but not LOADS of it, just a tad of it

another reccomendation would be using fibreglass tissue rather than mat

the mat makes it alot stronger, but is alot messier, tissue is neat, clean, and u get more of it usually, i prefer using tissue anyway
Fair enough, but the kit I bought came with mat, so I'll use it, methinks. Besides, the armor is going to have to withstand a picnic full of homeschooled nerds with no self-restraint. It's going to have to be strong. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back