Holding armor on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made 3 armors now but i have the same major problem for all of them.
How do i keep the armor on without it falling down?
(eg. the shoulder pads dont stay up on my shoulders)

I have tryed quite a few way to do this (including custom undersuit)

Help will be appriciated!

Thanks.

Finnish Spartan,

Why don't you post up your current set, pics included and let's see what we can do to help you strap on the armor for good without any part falling out. :D

IMHO, the strap setup is the most important part of any costume worn...without it, all you would have is just that, armor parts lying around. I've been strapping my own suits [some friends as well] for awhiles now, and alot of time is spent working out the harness and securement. Example, my Fett JP set up took me 5 weeks to workout and create a unique yet secure system. ;)

Lets see what we can do to help you out.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Halo_1 said:
Finnish Spartan,

Why don't you post up your current set, pics included and let's see what we can do to help you strap on the armor for good without any part falling out.

IMHO, the strap setup is the most important part of any costume worn...without it, all you would have is just that, armor parts lying around. I've been strapping my own suits [some friends as well] for awhiles now, and alot of time is spent working out the harness and securement. Example, my Fett JP set up took me 5 weeks to workout a unique yet secure system. ;)

Lets see what we can do to help you out.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Thank you for the very friendly reply.

Unfortunately i cannot post the images right now since im in school. But i can post them in about 5 hours (when i get off school)
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish Spartan said:
Thank you for the very friendly reply.

Unfortunately i cannot post the images right now since im in school. But i can post them in about 5 hours (when i get off school)
Thanks.

No worries bro, that's what the board is here for, to help each other out. Post it up when you can and we'll get to work on it then. In the meantime, why don't you describe what you've been doing so far with regards to your armor strapping. ;) Study hard!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use straps, some people rivet the straps, but I found hotgluing straps works fine too, or you could be cheap and staple them, and touch up the staples with paint, when you strap armor to your body, you strap the main parts to the chest so everything sits off your shoulders and hangs down.

Frost is right. Go check out this thread and you will see how nice the system is. This is exactly what I plan to do once I finish getting everything 'glassed.

SHE IS DONE!!

Sir Ken was extremely helpful in that thread to show all of his attachment points for the straps. A very effective system that doesn't cost hardly anything. Much cheaper than velcro and more secure as you don't have to worry about the velcro coming off of your undersuit.

I'm using clip buckles from old backpacks and and stuff, I'll eventually buy more for the legs and I'm planning to connect it all to the chest. So far all the buckles are holding up well.

I didnt even need buckles, industrial strength velcro cured over night to the strapping and I was able to make it hold on flawlessly, lighter than a buckle, and smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back