Holloween Almost Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydwar

O.K. well I havent made many new topics so here one goes.

(Please forgive any mispellings or typoes)

About 3 months ago, when I was working on my Ironman armor my oldest child desides "hey dad I waunt to be Master Chief for holloween".

Well so much for the Ironman for now.

Then when it just started to come together my youngest says "Hey he gets to be Master Chief, I waunt to be Haybusa".

So being the tollerant guy I am "not" I ranted and raved about not enough time and only being one person, but O.K..

Things are starting to work out though.

This may be a bit picture intensive but I have tried to keep them to a minimum.

So on with the show

If the pics workout You should be seeing my sons helmet

Picture006.jpg

Another view of the same helmet

Picture007.jpg

Dads Ironman helmet havent worked on my suit for the last 3 months...Thanks kids

Picture008.jpg

First ar for oldest son (Please dad can I play with it I promise not to tear it up..)

Gone now

Picture005.jpg

Chest for oldest not rite size had to disgard

Picture001.jpg

Ha..Ha.. Haybussssa next to my Master Chief

Picture002.jpg

Another shot

Picture004.jpg

Dads Helmet

Picture003.jpg

Oldest playing I ment modeling his new helmet and gun that got destroyed in an all out broll

Picture016.jpg

Starting to come together (Youngest as Haybusa oldest as the Chief)

Picture028.jpg

Z Q loiving it

Picture034.jpg

Showing of a bit to his friends

Picture036.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Well its starting to look like fun for Holloween but they both destroyed there guns I spent 3 days on a piece.

which Brings me to my next Question for the 405th.

Does anyone know who did this model?

H3_MA5CSnap00.png

I forget where I found it and I kinda used it for the next stage.

I figured it would go a bit faster if I used some of my other skills to move thing along and valla 30 hours later less than I used on either ar .

Picture041.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

The mess up at the bottom of the bluecore, is where I had my router set to fast and it melted the foam to the bit, messing it up beyond use.

Picture066.jpg

but the other side came out great.

Picture069.jpg

Starting to seal and paint...

Picture070.jpg

The clip is under the paint lid

Picture071.jpg

Picture075.jpg

So its been a fun ride so far.

Tell me what you think, don't worry about being critical I'm used to it..

Oh and if anyone knows who did the model for the ar please let me know. I dont take any credit for it but I wish to thank him or her for there AWSOME... work

Thats it for now back to the garage I need to stress the assault rifels, Oh and they dont get these badboys till beggers nite.

Just a Quick update a little silver and some black, will dull coat when I get home from work. The white splotches are from the tape pealing the silver have to touch it up after work also...

101_0078.jpg

i rekon its cool to see kids in spartan armor ,its a great family project , hopefully your kids will be 405thing in no time ;)

on another related matter , that ar is AWESOME! very detailed

GiR3892 said:
i rekon its cool to see kids in spartan armor ,its a great family project , hopefully your kids will be 405thing in no time ;)

That reminded me of a convention when someone made themselves a Gundam suit like from the anime Gundam wing, and had his 2 year old kid dress up like the pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that ar is awesome. I'd love to know how that was made. I'd also love to have one- I'll barely have my suit ready for halloween as it is though so hope of having a gun for my holiday- but a gun is next on my list and I like the way these look.

The helmets look great too- you are a nicer man than I, I freak out when adults play with my helm. I suppose that speaks of you being a good dad, and me beinng a nervous friend more than anything though. That ironman face is smooth- you spent your time well on that.

This is pretty amazing. Not to whine too much, but I wish my father would have crafted a costume for me to wear haha!

Was always stuck with those 1 piece thin-fabric costumes with a ridiculously thin plastic mask.

Post more pictures as these turn out!

I figured it was cnc, but when you said router I half wondered if you meant a carpentry style router. The naive part of me wondered that. The mature part of me was outside smoking cigarettes and shouting at the ladies.

Wow, dude! Wish I had a CNC machine so I could dish out some accurate weapon builds like that AR of yours :D

Those two kid-sized Mk VI MJOLNIR suits are coming along pretty well, imho. I love the detailing you put on your oldeest son's helmet; that's some good battle damage/wear and tear. Did you put a clear visor in there? :unsure

P.S., I'm afraid I don't know whose AR model that is, but I'm sure someone will chime in here and clear that up.

Rosh said:
I figured it was cnc, but when you said router I half wondered if you meant a carpentry style router. The naive part of me wondered that. The mature part of me was outside smoking cigarettes and shouting at the ladies.

My cnc does use a carpenter style router. I use a Bosch Colt 1 hp trim router. However I am aquiring a 2.25 hp Rigid this week so I can mill up to aluminum.

As for the smoking and shouting I think everyone needs a hobby.

SPARTAN II said:
Wow, dude! Wish I had a CNC machine so I could dish out some accurate weapon builds like that AR of yours :D

Those two kid-sized Mk VI MJOLNIR suits are coming along pretty well, imho. I love the detailing you put on your oldeest son's helmet; that's some good battle damage/wear and tear. Did you put a clear visor in there? :unsure

P.S., I'm afraid I don't know whose AR model that is, but I'm sure someone will chime in here and clear that up.

I just used some lexon heated in the oven for about 8 to 10 min and formed it around an 8 in piece of pipe.

I tried to give it the disign for the extra layer by using window tint could'nt find any gold so far.

If I can eventually find some I'll put a double layer in with the visor detail.

I lucked out on my cnc I was able to buils the whole machine for less than $100.00 with stuff donated by friends and family the big cost was software, controler and motor. But it did take almost a year to build though. Well worth it for anyone serious about fancy woodworking, plaques, or anything else you can cad out.

Rock said:
Nice stuff. It is great that you are sacrificing your own gear for your kids.

It's realy easy they are everything... at least to me.

I may get access to a cnc machine soon aswell. How did you convert your .obj files to .igs aka from a mesh to a solid??

is that.... is that just insulation foam run on your cnc?

DETAILS FELLA! DETAILS! What size bit were you running, speeds, step over? Inquiring minds need to know!

lovemylady said:
Yup just regular insulating foam the pink works better than the blue, much stronger.

I use 1/8th" bits ball and flat or 0.125" step over is usually best at about 20% but I believe I uses 0.050 on these my machine only runs at 30ipm and I am currently waiting on delivery of some new parts already ordered to bump that to around 100ipm to 120ipm.

At it's current speed it took about 30hrs to cut each AR and about 1hr for the hand plates.

I have bean looking hard at the ODST armor and it will cnc nicely I'll start a new topic on it when I start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back