Hollywood's MK VI/ODST WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, finally some updates. Still trying to get ahold of some molding materials. But in the meantime figured I'd do some painting.

35eea267.jpg

cf838fce.jpg

5b179143.jpg

7b03c18a.jpg

5f64edf0.jpg

43eecc4d.jpg

So, I figured I'd give latex a try as my molding material. Seems to be working okay so far. Rondo is all ive been able to get my hands on as far for casting material. With the chest and shoulder pieces I figure I'll try a gel layer with fiberglass. Still gonna try and get ahold of some resin for the helmets. More to come.

68fb73ae.jpg

7eed4937.jpg

283f513e.jpg

Huzzah!
Finally managed to get some decent pulls. needs more detail, but for version1 I'm pretty happy with it. Its a far cry from some of the more detailed helmets on the forums, but honestly, I never actually thought I would be able to get this thing to turn out even this good. Could use more details on the chin wings and needs the plating edges carved in. Pulling a few casts for the nephews, then its Phase 2, (or version 2 as the case may be.)

90ed9722.jpg

426158f5.jpg

7c3066e4.jpg

8b31b101.jpg

And the best part of all.........It actually fits on my big ole noggin!
167b3180.jpg

After being inspired by Blackulas amazing work on his recon and Commando helmets, I decided to step it up a bit on mine. Added the jaw details and generally smoothed it out a bit more. Added plating lines on the dome with a triangular jewelers file. I think I'm deciding that I'm done with this particular helmet, still got alot of work to do on the ODST.

After trying to demold the ODST I ended up ruining the mold and damaging the helmet pretty bad. I completely forgot to use a release agent between the fiberglass mother mold and the latex jacket, stuck together like cement. Stupid noob mistake, cost me alot of time and work. Fortunately it is salvageable. More updates to come on that.

bc45bc1e.jpg

123e5899.jpg

6bb368e9.jpg

f1f86139.jpg

All the helmets look fantastic, and the new detail on the recon really brings it all together. Sorry to hear about the ODST mold issue, hopefully you'll be able to fix that.

Finally starting to see some light at the end of this project. Picked up some silicone from Aeromarine, good stuff. Got Hugh's chest core pepped tonight, just finished. Resining and fiberglassing first thing in the am. Here's some more progress pics.

280d453c.jpg

9251781d.jpg

e8000044.jpg

f5e8a475.jpg

22335c5e.jpg

071e1380.jpg

Some pics of the Mk Vb I picked up from Skylow, and a Dutch cast that I picked up from Brandon Merica. Excellent work on both. Did a fair amount of sanding and added some primer. The Dutch is for Halloween, as I doubt i'll get my Rookie bucket molded in time. Eventually, the Rookie will take the lead on my official loadout.

81b25a57.jpg

d249af36.jpg

1bfdcde9.jpg

8b335acc.jpg

looking good man and how is work on the equipment plate u got from me coming. and if u need anything else i have molded some new stuff.

Dude, your work is so NEAT! I love your painting skills, and how smooth you get your pieces... keep it up man!

Now that is some awesome looking paint work on the weapon. and the detail work on the helmet looks sweet.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. This thing has been a long time in the making. Finally starting to see a light at the end of that tunnel. I finished the Dutch cast I got from Brandon Merica. Wanted to give him one more shout out on his fine sculpting work. I got the detail sanding done and finished painting and installing the Sean Bradley visor.

pre visor:
1b7ff2a2.jpg

With Visor:

30cd70c7.jpg

4deb29e0.jpg

e861ebf0.jpg

And to Spartan 005: the ab side plates worked out awesome! Here's a pic of the ensamble with my finished chest piece and center ab piece.
68b25db2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back