Pepakura Hope I'm Doing the Right Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novaria306

I was gonna post it as 1st Build but it's just paper (not yet cardstock or foam) making the Halo 4 Sarah palmer helmet by Master Builder. Seeing if it'll fit my head first (my head is small), before I decide if it's the right design I want. Haha. Well I'll see how this goes. I am too petite to be Master Chief, but I think I can still be a Spartan, just 5'2" build. Higher once I get my tactical boots on. Thanks for reading and maybe some ideas/pointers. Never built armor or helmets before.
received_1164721264259453.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. First build is always an interesting one. I also started with a thick paper build (sadly never finished it).

I also think this thread would be a pretty good guide. The builder of this one is also not spartan length but managed to hit it right out of the ballpark. the current account is Reclaimara (i hope its okay i tag you here? ;) )

Welcome to the forum. First build is always an interesting one. I also started with a thick paper build (sadly never finished it).

I also think this thread would be a pretty good guide. The builder of this one is also not spartan length but managed to hit it right out of the ballpark. the current account is Reclaimara (i hope its okay i tag you here? ;) )

Thank you very much! I am going to check it out for sure. ☺️ And yes you can tag me too. Have a super day!

Novaria306 you're definitely starting in the right direction with a paper test! It might be easier to start with cardstock if you're bang-on in scaling and moving immediately to resin but this is a good sanity check. I'm interested in the bicycle helmet. Is that primarily to make sure that the paper model sits level on the head form?

Novaria306 you're definitely starting in the right direction with a paper test! It might be easier to start with cardstock if you're bang-on in scaling and moving immediately to resin but this is a good sanity check. I'm interested in the bicycle helmet. Is that primarily to make sure that the paper model sits level on the head form?
The bicycle helmet also serves as a drying rack as pieces are put together. Keeping it level and gives me an idea of how big this thing is gonna turn out. It's exciting building armor and learning new things. ☺️ May be printing cardstock ones off sooner than later too. If I don't have to mess with rescaling a bunch of stuff it'll make crafting easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back