How do I choose what character to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep changing my mind on which game I want to be/which faction I want to be/what armor type I want/pretty much everything. Any tips on how I can make a solid choice and stick with it until its finished?
Pick up the app Cosplanner and make a list of the costumes and characters you want to build. I find that breaking down what needs to go into each costume helps sort through what needs to be done and if I need any special tools (more expensive) to finish it.

As for help picking specifics, going with your multiplayer character is always a safe bet since you already like the armour enough to wear it in game.

This might help to:

unfortunately no. I'm making a magneto helmet for a friend for Halloween, and the printer isn't at my house right now so I am short on time.
DSC01492.JPG

I still need to print two pieces for the dome clean it all up glue it and paint it.

Yeah, plenty of people spend months if not years on their costume.
I'm 3 months in (~200-300 hrs of hands on time) and barely half done with my reach. Spent a month doing research w/o even touching any materials to (not included in the 3months)

im 10 months in and I haven't done much lol , too busy with college and travelling :/ .
Maybe next month but I dare not plan on when I will do it, kinda promotes procrastination if something comes up
Procrastination is my specialty! LOL It took me until a year after I got my 3d printer to actually put it together and then another 4 months before I actually printed something. Where have you been travelling?

Procrastination is my specialty! LOL It took me until a year after I got my 3d printer to actually put it together and then another 4 months before I actually printed something. Where have you been travelling?
Indonesia ( Jakarta & Bandung ) , Bangkok , and frequent travelling to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It took me three years to finish my suit, and I technically finished it at halo outpost discovery 30 min before the costume contest... (all because I kept thinking about it but never wanted to work on it)

Also shame on you for the 3d printer part! ;)

(all because I kept thinking about it but never wanted to work on it)
Honestly this is the big kicker and why I think "deadlines" or at least goals are important. I started my build in March and am just finishing the last piece (helmet) this week. If I didn't give myself a deadline of Halloween, I don't think I would have put in nearly as much time because there's always something else that takes less effort I could be doing haha.

But that's me, some people are good at time management. And obviously if you're doing it with the mindset of not caring when it gets done that's fine

^^ that. Exactly that. I've got a bunch more work to do, but with a goal of maybe 90% by Halloween, I'm actually doing things almost every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back