How do I prime a piece this big?

ptrinidad

IMG_2337.jpeg

And should I worry about sealing all the seams with kwikseal?

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
What are you looking to seal the foam chest with? Something spray on like Leak Seal or Plastidip, or something brush on like Mod Podge or Flexbond?

As for the seams - if you have a rotary tool, you can lightly go over the seams to try and make sure both edges are level and flat, but if not, don't stress - you can still patch them up with some Kwik Seal, or by using foam clay and sanding it back.

What are you looking to seal the foam chest with? Something spray on like Leak Seal or Plastidip, or something brush on like Mod Podge or Flexbond?

As for the seams - if you have a rotary tool, you can lightly go over the seams to try and make sure both edges are level and flat, but if not, don't stress - you can still patch them up with some Kwik Seal, or by using foam clay and sanding it back.
I'll be sealing it with plastidip

Oh also what would happen if you put kwik-seal onto a foam part that has 1 layer of plastidip on it?

I'll be sealing it with plastidip
See if you can make or source a stand that will hold the chest piece up while you spray it. For example, I used a clothes dryer like this when I was sealing/painting the grunt's tank - I covered it in a tarp to protect the dryer too.
1688262899296.png

Make sure to spray where there's plenty of ventilation, and wear a respirator!

Oh also what would happen if you put kwik-seal onto a foam part that has 1 layer of plastidip on it?
I've only used Plastidip once, and never used Kwikseal, but as long as the Plastidip is dry, and you leave the Kwikseal to dry for long enough, I can't imagine it being a real issue. Might want to do a patch test first though - try it in a less visible spot, wait for the cure time of the Kwikseal, and see if there's any issues like a lack of adhesion.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back