How do put together pieces for a pepakura design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood4khorne

I have gotten a pepakura file and printed a practice sheet to get a feel for it. My question is How do you put it together, cause we are using scotch tape to put it together and its taking forever to do it.

Scotch tape will not hold up to any prolonged usage. It might work for piecing a model together to test or check the fit, but to actually use he pepakura model for a costume, it will need to be hardened, either with Fiberglass Matt/Clothe and Resin, or , and scotch tape will not be strong enough to hold the model together for the process. You are going to need to glue the tabs together with the adhesive of your choice, just not tape.

I have gotten a pepakura file and printed a practice sheet to get a feel for it. My question is How do you put it together, cause we are using scotch tape to put it together and its taking forever to do it.
I use superglue, but sometimes the fumes give me a headache after a while, and it gets messy. I never have a pep that isnt covered in my fingerprints, and I'm not talking about the oils your hand leaves behind :b

Some people prefer hot glue. I hate hotglue but I guess it works, but you can really use any glue

I use Aleene's Quick Drying Tacky Glue. I put a small amount on the tab then spread it with a craft stick. Gives a bit more working time and doesn't have the fumes that many superglues do. Regular school glue or wood glue works as well if desired, but they take longer to dry. Tried hot glue once and didn't care for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back