how do u make a master chief costume under 20$ if u know how plz tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
Us pro's say it's impossible, I spent 160 dollars on my armor, so I wouldnt try making one for 20 dollars, 20 dollars would make me nothing because paint alone for my armor costed me 40 dollars.
Well, i would post pics of this, but i dont have a camera, so ill just tell you. My mom works at a school near us and brought home some cardboard for me. so i had that supplied free. this is what my total cost was:
cardboard: free
hot glue: free (at my house)
razor: free (at my house)
duct tape: 6.80 (lowes)
time
-Ice

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
Us pro's say it's impossible, I spent 160 dollars on my armor, so I wouldnt try making one for 20 dollars, 20 dollars would make me nothing because paint alone for my armor costed me 40 dollars.
i agree with that..i was only supposed to spend 50 but ended up spending over 100, ink for the printer....lol! but really, if u can get cardboard, some paint, and duct tape free or really cheap, u can probably do it...post some pics when ur done.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then again, 20 dollars wont cut if your going to paint the armor with a good paintjob, it it's one solid color, than 5-6 dollars should cut it.

mine was made out of cardboard, like 1 roll of duct tape, some spray paint and the visor...which was 25 bucks...

not that expensive at all.

I dont mean to offend those who spent under 100 dollars, but if you dont spend the money, durability and quality may not be as high as those who do spend the time and work of 100+ dollars.

meaning, the way he wants to make his armor for 20 dollars.....it's impossible.

Like I said, rushing and spending as little money as possible makes armor of a low quaility. Some people are an acception because they are experienced and work fast with little money, but not everyone is a cardboard/pepakura master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back