How Do You Make Visors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Coke plastic 3 liter for visor for my nephew's costume last year. cut the bottle open just get a wire hanger and bend it to a semi circle following the inside of the helmet and tape it. Then just go to autozone or other place and tape tint on it. it works sorry dont have a pic of the MC Helmet visor but heres the ODST I Made. enjoy

The clear plastic drum that CD's come in works, Soda liter

bottles, or just clear sheets or plastic that are shaped can work also.

My suggestion would be, if you havent already cut out the pepakura visor from your helmet, would be to make a 2 part silicone/plaster mold of it. cast that and use it as a 1/1 scale base to sculpt a new detailed visor. then make a new 2 part mold of it and cast it in lots of clear 2-part resin that doesn't discolor when dried. Trust me it works.

Thanks alot and I did researching but I thought it will be alot easier doing this. Thanks for the ideas though :D

Cheap plastic craftbox i cut and heat gunned to shape.Then sprayed the inside transparent blue, bolted to place.

finishhelmet.jpg

visor.jpg

nice idea ther HoL

but yeh i would either recommend making a vacu formed one or either the dangerous one of using the heat gun on plexiglass over a plaster mold

HoL said:
Cheap plastic craftbook i cut and heat gunned to shape.Then sprayed the inside transparent blue, bolted to place.

finishhelmet.jpg

visor.jpg

It doesn't seem like that great a method if you're looking for the two-sectioned look of the ODST helmet. A good-sized visor costs about 30 bucks, and just get a dermal tool and you can cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HoL said:
Cheap plastic craftbox i cut and heat gunned to shape.Then sprayed the inside transparent blue, bolted to place.

finishhelmet.jpg

visor.jpg

where did you get the craftbox?

I got the box at a michael craftstore here in florida. its just a large clear box with no markings in it. The reason i didn't use the 2 piece visor is because i don't like it. I like the 1 piece look like the concept art odst from halo 3, the more round and flat looking helmet.

Underdogg13 said:
It appears you didn't even give search a thought, you don't deserve my knowledge.

Dude OMG Ur are the meanest person on 405th, All you do is make fun of people

I thought we were supposed to help each other SHEESH!

Yeah dude what i do is i get a 2 liter soda bottle are print out the page for the visor and use your X-axto Knife to cut the pieces. Make a line with your knife for the folds. be carefull not to cut through the plastic when making fold lines.

Good Luck, ;)

Underdogg is right, actually. This thread is silly. It isn't difficult to search or read stickies at all, especially for a mk VI visor, something has been done many times. Even reading a WIP thread will be very informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back