How many of you guys would be interested in SPI armor?

SPI ARMOR, yes or no?

• Yes, I'd like some SPI armor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think I'd want SPI armor

• Depends on the cost.

• Can we do EVA or COBRA instead?

• I'd rather delve into MC armor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkesword2020

I was thinking.
Since most of you guys have seen my work in the Star Wars universe. I was wondering if you guys would like me to get started on some SPI armor from the Halo universe?

I would like to see if there is interest in this.

Here is a picture of SPI armor for those of you who don't know what it looks like.

SpartanIII.jpg

Would be awesome to say the least, but still, that face shield is going to be a PIA to form...

I'd love to see it. There have been a few people who have talked about it in the past but nobody has made one that I know of. Plus with H3 almost here, most everyone will be focused on the MC varients leaving you free to set the bar for SPI. :dee:

OK, but it'll take me some time to get a finished product, but those of us who make armor know that. I will keep you guys updated. I gotta get my butt going on a bunch of crap anyways so...

I'm gonna buy some Chavant clay and then get started making this armor.

For the visor. I will take any suggestions given ;-)

Now, PM me with any questions/concerns...whatever, I'm willing to help out if needed.

I'd encourage working on SPI, for the same reasons listed above.

I think that SPI will be very sought after once all the armor varients have been released, for its rarity.

I think that the visor is totally do-able, but I wouldn't hold out for making it perfectly mirrored and trandparent like the motorcycle visors. It might have to be a gold paint/interior visor combination.

I say go for it! ;-)

Yeah, if you can figure out a good way to do the SPI visor you'll have also probably cracked the way to make a good EVA helm.

Sean. What if you combined two visors. Not a double visor like on your helmet. But a two piece visor. With a track system so it opens in the middle? Almost like a astronaut helmet?

What I was considering was a vacuumformed clear acrylic custom shaped visor that was spraypainted gold from the interior, but left transparent just the viewing area in the front. Then you could mount a gold HJC visor inside of that, to cover the transparent section.

It would be uniform from the exterior, would look solid gold, and be transparent enough to see though.

The double clear/solid gold like you suggested would work, but might slightly break character... in appearance anyway. Whenever you were walking around or doing anything you'd have to let people see your face inside...

or you could make a fake visor out of clay paint it gold cut a hole in the middle and put a real vsor in that hole then you can see out its way cheaper.

Ok, not what I meant.

It's a large visor right?
So you get two of them, stack them. And you have a double visor similar to the visor size needed right?

Then you just get attach them....um let me see if I can show you what I mean.

Here:
SpartanIIIhelmetdescription.jpg

I'd give you guys a better pic, but I sold my comp so I had to reformat my "good" comp and now i am using the crappy one that can't handle photoshop.
Once I get my better one, I will get a better description pic up.

Just thinking out loud, but has anybody ever contacted one of the visor or iridium plating companies to see if they would plate a custom visor?

But really, I think Sean's idea is the way to go for the most accurate looking result.

sounds good...i tried to check out a company that will do that they ask how many i want i told i need few to check out and they didnt get back to me..so yeah they might want hunreds more

I think that the key to making the SPI armor is going to be getting the visor shape correct, and not having holes in it (sorry Leading Spartan)

I still like my suggestion because it allows you to custom create the shape of the visor, and is uniform in construction from the exterior... and is transparent from the interior and opaque gold from outside.

I consider those to be the three key factors in pulling off the SPI helmet visor.

Since I have a WHOOLE lot of visors at the moment, I'll see if I can fit in a test run of the effect I'm describing tonight... I'll post some pics if it works well.

Sean Bradley said:
I think that the key to making the SPI armor is going to be getting the visor shape correct, and not having holes in it (sorry Leading Spartan)

I still like my suggestion because it allows you to custom create the shape of the visor, and is uniform in construction from the exterior... and is transparent from the interior and opaque gold from outside.

I consider those to be the three key factors in pulling off the SPI helmet visor.

Since I have a WHOOLE lot of visors at the moment, I'll see if I can fit in a test run of the effect I'm describing tonight... I'll post some pics if it works well.
Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how it usually works anyways...so

I figure we should band together on the visor stuff. i can do the armor on my end, so don't worry about that ;-)

The visor is gonna be a tough one, but we can figure it out. Me, Link, Sean, And Adam, and Red.....one of us is gonna have a brilliant idea and we can implement that into this armor :mrgreen:

It will happen, and it will look good.. It's just a matter of how, and how expensive it is to get it done right.

If Link makes a good contact with the iridium mettalization companies, we'd just have to vacuum form a clear sheet of plexiglass to the correct shape, and they would do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back