How many of you guys would be interested in SPI armor?

SPI ARMOR, yes or no?

• Yes, I'd like some SPI armor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think I'd want SPI armor

• Depends on the cost.

• Can we do EVA or COBRA instead?

• I'd rather delve into MC armor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im trying to get a good contract but i think they want more shields to do not just a hand full

Tell them this, you want one for a sample. And if your satisfied, you will commision them to do more in the long run.

That's what I did with my clone trooper visors.

Ok, I dare you to contact Oakley.

Even though they make sunglasses. i've heard of them doing custom visors for motorcycle stuff. I might be wrong about it though, but you could try them?

This is a question for everyone.

Does anyone have any good pics of the SPI armor?

Heck a 3d model would be amazing if someone had it... :mrgreen:

Here is my email : sithbanshee2020@yahoo.com

If you guys have some pics please, by all means email them to me so I can get this suit as accurate as possible. I only have the book...so it's not the greatest for concept drawings to turn into the real thing ;-)

a guy did one in another forum i'll have to look for it....there was a thread on in it

couldnt you just like vaccum form the shape, and then cut it out and use that instead? and get it tinted or something?

(im not really experienced with vaccum forming, so dont blame me if it sounds stupid)

Sean Bradley said:
What I was considering was a vacuumformed clear acrylic custom shaped visor that was spraypainted gold from the interior, but left transparent just the viewing area in the front. Then you could mount a gold HJC visor inside of that, to cover the transparent section.

It would be uniform from the exterior, would look solid gold, and be transparent enough to see though.

The double clear/solid gold like you suggested would work, but might slightly break character... in appearance anyway. Whenever you were walking around or doing anything you'd have to let people see your face inside...

i like sean's idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having loads of difficulty finding some good reference images of the SPI armor, so I figure I'll make an offer.

Whoever can find me some good reference images will get a great discount, once the armor is made and ready to go. ;-)

The only picture I have at the moment of the SPI armor is the one from the book, so if your going to give me that one, just know that I already have that one.

Thanks guys!

You know, you can always be creative yourself and make your own version based off the SPI on the front cover of the book.
It doesn't have to be exactly the same.

Make it unique.
Make it yours.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips...o-universe.html

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/view_album....ame=Spartan-III

spartanIII_17.jpg

dropship_9.jpg

shader1.jpg

theedge_4.jpg

Ok....your a full time bum...thanks mate!

So Sean, you will be the guy who gets the great discount ;-)

Now, do ya know if you can get Chavant at a Michaels or at a A.C. Moore?

Otherwise I have to get it online. :mrgreen:

Those shoes look interesting....squarish....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back