How many of you guys would be interested in SPI armor?

SPI ARMOR, yes or no?

• Yes, I'd like some SPI armor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think I'd want SPI armor

• Depends on the cost.

• Can we do EVA or COBRA instead?

• I'd rather delve into MC armor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remember seeing it before, and I knew right where to look.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the squarish shoes... This guy might have taken a few artistic liberties... but this is supposed to be an older, more primitive armor.

As far as getting your clay, go online it's much cheaper. Those retial places charge an arm and a leg.

http://www.chavant.com/new_site/files/pdf/products-2006.pdf

http://www.polytek.com/store/merchant.mvc?...=PolyPlasticene

http://www.dickblick.com/zz332/21/

Also maybe you should look into getting the 3-D model from this guy, he made it himself, and I think he might have released it to others already. Might be able to build up a Pepakura base... :Steve:

Alright, will do.

I'll have to concentrate on getting the clay first. I don't have a working printer at the moment...I have two in need of repair ;-)

So, I think I'm gonna have to do it by myself.

Hahah too true.

But, too busy to bother with a printer at the moment either way lol.

I do need a color printer though...

In one of the above pics...he seems to have leather straps that attach his shoulders, I'll have to find some similar ones that I can buy more than one of, or get them custom made.

I say for the visor you should sculpt the shape then cast it is plaster so you can vacumeform some thin plexiglass over it i am not sure how you would go about tinting it though because it is such a complexly curved surface. I know of a spay tint that is used on car taillights but it is black not gold.

Eternal said:
I say for the visor you should sculpt the shape then cast it is plaster so you can vacumeform some thin plexiglass over it i am not sure how you would go about tinting it though because it is such a complexly curved surface. I know of a spay tint that is used on car taillights but it is black not gold.

Sean suggested that already...may wanna keep on top of these things

Last edited by a moderator:
MC Chris said:
Eternal said:

Sean suggested that already...may wanna keep on top of these things

Chris, I haven't seen Eternal on in a while. I suggest you give him a break.

Eternal nice to see you. Sean did suggest a similar method. I am gonna leave it up to him and link to do the visor and i will make the helmet once the visor issue has been solved.

I love your work mate. So it's nice to see you commenting on mine...(even though it hasn't gotten started yet ;-) )

Ironcobra3000 said:
If you make SPI armor perfectly, I'll Love you forever... yeah... that sounds creepy O_O

Yea.....Um.. :shock:

Goes to get rocket launcher :shifty ninja:

Anyways. I sent the guy...Ecks a pm saying that I'd like to "borrow" his model so that I can use it to create the armor. So...let's see what he says.

Sigma-LS said:
I hope he says yes. That would make it soo much easier.

Me too....I just need to get a 3d model viewer after I find out what type of file it is : P

Hopefully this project will get underway soon.

I'm probably gonna have to round out those shoes though. I don't think any of us have squarish feet.

Sigma-LS said:
I bet he did it that way because the MkV has pretty square feet.

Well, I'll be playing around with it anyways. I'll see if I can get some concept drawings done this weekend. Very busy with all sorts of workloads :mrgreen: at the moment...hehe

But, I believe that I could knock this out in maybe 3-4 months...at the top of my head..that's what I see as a timetable.

(but that's just for building it out of clay.)

One of the last words, of Darkswords last post was the word....wait for it, wait for it....

clay :D

Im assuming hes using clay. Im going to go get some clay here pretty quick.

The only think I'd suggest is to try to keep everything sooth.
A lot of smooth surfaces to allow the light to bend around it giving it the illusion of invisibility (not for real...).
Just keep everything smooth. Too many hard edges and angles and you'd end up with a weird-looking Mk. VI Mjolnir, not SPI.
I am actually really excited about this. I trust that you'll actually go on your word and make this armor. Most people say they will and usually don't. And I know you've got alot of experience making Stormtrooper armor, so I know it's going to be top-of-the-line work.
I can't wait to see this thing get started and I wish you the best of luck!

Ronster said:
The only think I'd suggest is to try to keep everything sooth.
A lot of smooth surfaces to allow the light to bend around it giving it the illusion of invisibility (not for real...).
Just keep everything smooth. Too many hard edges and angles and you'd end up with a weird-looking Mk. VI Mjolnir, not SPI.
I am actually really excited about this. I trust that you'll actually go on your word and make this armor. Most people say they will and usually don't. And I know you've got alot of experience making Stormtrooper armor, so I know it's going to be top-of-the-line work.
I can't wait to see this thing get started and I wish you the best of luck!

I definetly want to do it as well. I just want you guys to know...it's not going to come that fast. Be prepared to wait.

I'm loaded with stuff right now. My family is moving so I'm helping..

I'm selling my dad's old crap on ebay...so much it's taken me 5 weeks just to get rid of 1/16 of it...literally.

I'm working on 17 Clone trooper suits...for orders..

I'm loaded to hell right now, and I'm taking on another project! Lovely!

But, yes I will do it. Just don't expect it NOW. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back