how much fillament for one helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I make my helmet and printing them take about 1 whole roll and about 3/4 of another one. And it also depends on how big it going to be but no more than 2 roll of filament. I also suggest to buy a Sidewinder X1 or the new X2 or cheap but reliable you can go for the CR-10

I have been looking into buying a 3d printer (anycubic mega zero 2.0) and wanted to know how much fillament you need to print one helmet
I used just under 2 kilograms of PLA on my Halo Wars Mark lV helmet when I built it. Hope this helps.

I have been looking into buying a 3d printer (anycubic mega zero 2.0) and wanted to know how much fillament you need to print one helmet
How big is the helmet?
IjdUXhHcopIC1I1CYuDSvQKRA=w1920-h823-no?authuser=0.jpg

These 1/6 scale ones are like 20g each.

so about 30 cm long and 22 cm tall
The easiest way is to throw files into a slicer and get an estimate of filament usage that way.
Everyone has different print settings for supports and some models are not well optimized for filament use to begin with so expect some wacky estimates if you ask "how much filament does a helmet take". Also if you're new to printing, expect failures and wasted material.

Mine took a little less than 1 kg roll. 1mm walls and 12% infill. The final helmet is 642 g. I used maybe 150g of support material
It’s a reach scout helmet, from visor to back it’s 30cm

Last edited:
I would suggest staying away from Anycubic products. I will recommend a Creality CR-10 V3. Only downside to Creality is they do a really poor job regarding quality control. TinyMachines3D is a reseller of Creality and they do an amazing job of testing each individual printer and ensure it is working properly before they ship it to you. You pay a little more for this, but in my opinion it's worth it. Especially because their customer service is great. They also ship outside of the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back