How-to: 2 Sets Of Leds (now With Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this isnt really a question since i just finished making it, but I thought I should post something about it since i cant post in the creation section.

I loved link404s tut on LED wiring, but it lacked something to me: all 4 LEDs running on 1 circuit. So I jumped up, went to radio shack, and began my project.

Here's what you'll need:
4 LEDs (color is your choice)
47 ohm resistors
22 gauge wiring
SPST sub-mini switch
9-V battery connector
soldering iron
solder
plyers or wire cutters

i started out using link's tut to make the first circuit, to see it goto the creation forum, Pep and cardboard armor, and its stickied. Follow his tut all the way up to where he connects the black battery wire to the LEDs, and follow me from here.

NOTICE: Make SURE to unroll enough wire to allow one LED set to span thru your helmet however you want it to so it can reach the other side (assuming the switch and battery are on one specific side of the helmet) ABSOLUTELY CRUTIAL

1) make a 2nd LED setup (the 2 LEDs seried together with a 47 ohm resistor on the + leg) and solder a length of wire onto the remaining leg of the resistor and a wire from the other end of the LED setup

2)solder the positve end wires together onto the outer leg of the switch, and the negative end wires to the black battery wire, and you should be set.

Any questions, just leave a reply.
Hope it helps anyone that was thinking the same thing
-GA4791

Edit: Thanx to everyone who loved my idea, there's another one Im posting soon that's even more amazing, keep an eye out for it.
Link-I agree, never rely on the intelligence of others, and also, it confused me on how to add the 2nd set for awhile, because Ive never tried it, but trial and error plays out quite well.

Here's some pics of the completed project (sorry i didn't take any during construction, I had no camera)
The Battery and Switch
Image0025.jpg

The 'Junction Point' (where both series lead from 2 wires to 1)
Image0026.jpg

One LED Series (Similar to Link's series, with a diff. resistor)
Image0027.jpg

Both LED series, Off
Image0028.jpg

Both LED series, On (kinda blurry, can't be prevented, they're BRIGHT)
Image0029.jpg

Lemme know what you think, and COMING UP:
MY 2-SPEAKER VOICE MODULE SYSTEM!!!

my tut is for a pair but if you do the same to the other side and run it off the same 9v
didnt think that i would have to show the 4 leds hooked up thought that people would be smart enough to figure that you could do the same thing as the tut said

Link - it wasn't hard to figure out but as the saying goes "Never rely on the intelligence of someone else."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back