How to get a better result using water sanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastSpartan

Sr Member
Since my account got banned because of my little brother i just wanted to help you guys somehow because of the trouble he had caused to you.
So thanks to LastSpartan for helping me (to post this), so i can help you guys!

(this tutorial is based on how to sand bondo).
I made this small tut on how you can get a better sanding result alot faster and without metal glaze.

1st you go buy BONDO. or as an alternative you can try PRESTO products i would reccomend them since they are really good when it comes to sanding.
(if want to use Presto you will need this product:
http://www.dupli-color.de/webgate/WG_5_2.n...WUR-522CCA-EN-p
And if you want the best result possible also buy this (recommended):
http://www.dupli-color.de/webgate/WG_5_2.n...WUR-522C7H-EN-p
)

For Presto products see description in bottle for the mixing ratio of Putty/hardener.
So first put your presto plastic untop of the material you want to fill, after you have filled the whole surface with that just roughly dry Sand it.
When you are finished with this you add the prestolith Flex after the presto flex has hardened, sand your product roughly againg (so that you will have the shape you want).

When you have finished with this im sure you still have some uneven spots which are a pain to sand. No worries here is where wet-sanding comes in!

Now you need to get some 80 degree sand paper which is waterproof (usually black coloured sandpaper is waterproof).

When you have this just simple get a small bowl and soak the sand paper in the water. (you dont have to do this long just get it wet).
Then simply start sanding, use a circular movement when you are sanding for the best result.
keep soaking the sandpaper often so that it stays wet (If there is dust coming off you know that the sand paper is not wet enough).

After you have done this and you think it looks smooth stop sanding and let the water evaporate for 15 to 30 minutes (most of the water will be absorbed by the dust).

When all the water has gone just start removing the dust from the surface with either you fingers or a very hard brush.
(the dust is not dust anymore it has more or less turned into a water base clay like material).

After you have done this just take 360 degree sand paper and finish it all up. you should have a perfectly smooth surface!!

Good luck

-Finnish Spartan.

LastSpartan said:
Since my account got banned because of my little brother i just wanted to help you guys somehow because of the trouble he had caused to you.
So thanks to LastSpartan for helping me (to post this), so i can help you guys!

(this tutorial is based on how to sand bondo).
I made this small tut on how you can get a better sanding result alot faster and without metal glaze.

1st you go buy BONDO. or as an alternative you can try PRESTO products i would reccomend them since they are really good when it comes to sanding.
(if want to use Presto you will need this product:
http://www.dupli-color.de/webgate/WG_5_2.n...WUR-522CCA-EN-p
And if you want the best result possible also buy this (recommended):
http://www.dupli-color.de/webgate/WG_5_2.n...WUR-522C7H-EN-p
)

For Presto products see description in bottle for the mixing ratio of Putty/hardener.
So first put your presto plastic untop of the material you want to fill, after you have filled the whole surface with that just roughly dry Sand it.
When you are finished with this you add the prestolith Flex after the presto flex has hardened, sand your product roughly againg (so that you will have the shape you want).

When you have finished with this im sure you still have some uneven spots which are a pain to sand. No worries here is where wet-sanding comes in!

Now you need to get some 80 degree sand paper which is waterproof (usually black coloured sandpaper is waterproof).

When you have this just simple get a small bowl and soak the sand paper in the water. (you dont have to do this long just get it wet).
Then simply start sanding, use a circular movement when you are sanding for the best result.
keep soaking the sandpaper often so that it stays wet (If there is dust coming off you know that the sand paper is not wet enough).

After you have done this and you think it looks smooth stop sanding and let the water evaporate for 15 to 30 minutes (most of the water will be absorbed by the dust).

When all the water has gone just start removing the dust from the surface with either you fingers or a very hard brush.
(the dust is not dust anymore it has more or less turned into a water base clay like material).

After you have done this just take 360 degree sand paper and finish it all up. you should have a perfectly smooth surface!!

Good luck

-Finnish Spartan.
One note to add - the paper will say 'waterproof', 'wet or dry' or 'wet 'n' dry' on the paper and the package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarhead said:
One note to add - the paper will say 'waterproof', 'wet or dry' or 'wet 'n' dry' on the paper and the package.

yeah or you could just buy a sanding sponge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back