How to "houslter" a gun on your back

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua61991

Jr Member
How to "holster" a gun on your back.

real simple way I saw to holster a gun onto your back is to use magnets. Since this is pepakura a super strong magnet wont be needed unless you put 40 layers of fibreglass on the gun. Simple take 4 magnets. Position 2 onto your back armour and lay your gun down so it looks the disired way. then where the two magnets touch the gun put a mark with something you can see on your gun. next hot glue or super glue the two magnets onto your back where you decided they look best. Then on each mark you made on your gun hot glue the other two magnets. Then paint. Voila you got a magic halo holster!

I think link has his avatar as MC with a "holstered" AR on his back armour.

joshua61991 said:
I think link has his avatar as MC with a "holstered" AR on his back armour.
Lol and you call yourself a halo fan. Have you ever watched the Halo 3 commercial that aired on Monday Night Football? Links avatar is from the commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea dude, I think a few people that have used this method with magnets ranging from rare earth magnets to the magnets inbetween the plates in a harddrive.

Leadingspartan said:
Lol and you call yourself a halo fan. Have you ever watched the Halo 3 commercial that aired on Monday Night Football? Links avatar is from the commercial.

Obviously I didnt watch the commercial retard. Even if I did links avatar is something everyone on here has seen. And no I don't call myself a halo fan, I like the game but I'm not a nerd. A halo nerd is someone who actually posts just to PMS because somebody didnt use the root of the idea/picture as an example.

Anyway yeah i've seen people use the earth ones but just buy cheap ones it isnt like they need to hold 50 pounds.

joshua61991 said:
Obviously I didnt watch the commercial retard. Even if I did links avatar is something everyone on here has seen. And no I don't call myself a halo fan, I like the game but I'm not a nerd. A halo nerd is someone who actually posts just to PMS because somebody didnt use the root of the idea/picture as an example.

Anyway yeah i've seen people use the earth ones but just buy cheap ones it isnt like they need to hold 50 pounds.

Hi "J". Don't take offence to what others say. I don't consider myself a "fanatic" either. I just like the armor and costuming (cosplay) in general. I, too have been trying to figure a way to mount a weapon on the back.

My plan is to use magnets from an old computer hard drive - believe me, they are STRONG enough. I am actually using the Nerf Longshot and will attach a strip of metal on the Nerf (and paint over it) and place the magnet on the inside of the armor. "one-day" I will make a "Halo" BR, but use the same concept.

I will post pics of my progress and (hopefully) completed armor/armaments in the member Gallery. Thanks for reading.

i wouldnt call other people names due to the fact that you will get banned easier now.

and you arent the first one to suggest this this has been an idea for a looooong time.

I know I'm not the first to come up with the idea. But it isn't on here so since not everyone knows of this might as well tell them. Cool idea with the computer magnets btw.

As for name calling I called him a name because he was trying to be a jerk because "obviously now I can't be interested in something without knowing the history behind it".

joshua61991 said:
I know I'm not the first to come up with the idea. But it isn't on here so since not everyone knows of this might as well tell them. Cool idea with the computer magnets btw.

As for name calling I called him a name because he was trying to be a jerk because "obviously now I can't be interested in something without knowing the history behind it".
Dude Thats just rude no need to call people names here.

edit:Lets just drop it ok leading, It aint worth getting us getting banned and probably bringing some people down with us.

I got angry because it seemed like leading was trying to be a prick. Nobody is a nerd on here unless they think less of others because of something generally "nerdy" i.e. games are considered slightly nerdy. He was seemingly acting as if I was a bad person because I've never seen a halo commercial where they showed Master Chief with the gun on his back. I'm sorry if I offended you digital but your obviously not being nerdy so therefor it doesn't apply to you. Your not a nerd.

joshua61991 said:
edit:Lets just drop it ok leading, It aint worth getting us getting banned and probably bringing some people down with us.

I got angry because it seemed like leading was trying to be a prick. Nobody is a nerd on here unless they think less of others because of something generally "nerdy" i.e. games are considered slightly nerdy. He was seemingly acting as if I was a bad person because I've never seen a halo commercial where they showed Master Chief with the gun on his back. I'm sorry if I offended you digital but your obviously not being nerdy so therefor it doesn't apply to you. Your not a nerd.
Mee too lets say sorry, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back