How To - Install Illuminating Eyes For Iron Man Helmet - Now With Voice Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats pretty cool. I made a different type of tutorial for the same effect too, its in the first post of my iron man thread. I like this though, and it gives me options, especially if one doesnt work. thanks for posting this

good idea with the staples....the inverters that i played with takes 12volts

love the tutorial

I could probably use a similar method to the lights on my hayabusa armor. I'm also guessing that those EL sheets can easily be cut to size? I wouldn't mind buying that myself, but I don't know how much it would be for me since I live in the US. XD

wow that eye slit is really small, but at least you can see "something" and not be totally blind. thank you for the instructions,

*waits patiently for a "working heads up display" tutorial*

Excellent tutorial, I think I'll do this with mine if it ever gets warm enough for me to fiberglass my helmets.

I think it looks great,just the part.:thumbs up

What is the colour and brightness like in person?.

Also, are we talking a stick your finger in a motorbike spark plug cap and kick it over type shock, or something a little milder?. :D

Rebostar said:
I think it looks great,just the part.:thumbs up

What is the colour and brightness like in person?.

Also, are we talking a stick your finger in a motorbike spark plug cap and kick it over type shock, or something a little milder?. :D

I don't know what kind of shock you get from that, but I'm guessing this will be less.

The eyes just look white in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
These look really neat, but I've heard the brightness, cost and required voltage isn't anything compared to LED lights. I'm still trying to figure out how to light up the eyes in my War Machine helmet and eventually an arc reactor. I think acrylic sheets might work over the top of the EL lights with LEDs in front. Therefore you get a brighter light that seems more evenly distributed. Thanks for the tutorial!

I can see out of them fine, as long as it's light out, I can see in the dark.

I've now roughly installed a voice changer, check my first post for the video.

troubleis1983 said:
Hey can you get multiple eyes out of one el sheet?

Yup, I got one EL sheet and cut it. I still have some small pieces of it left aswell.

Pretty sure it goes without saying that this is awesome. Question for you though, do you think it would be possible to use the EL wire and wrap it around the eyes(Like the outline, on the inside.), so that you still get the glow, and also get the full socket to see out of?

-Apoc

Apocalypse said:
Pretty sure it goes without saying that this is awesome. Question for you though, do you think it would be possible to use the EL wire and wrap it around the eyes(Like the outline, on the inside.), so that you still get the glow, and also get the full socket to see out of?

-Apoc

I suppose that would work, but wouldn't look as good as this. You'd also get light shining in straight into your eyes, so you'd have to mask off the inside side of the wire.

IroniumCostuming said:
and so can you just cut el sheets like paper?

As long as you still have the two poles to connect two you can, if you see my first video you can see me using a small bit of left over sheet. I only bought one sheet and had two small pieces left over which still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back