How to minimize pages while scaling a helmet or any armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie117

Hi, am having trouble here with this helmet since it is by default 18 pages but when i scaled it and changed the paper settings to letter because there a4 the pieces are bigger. But thats not the problem am having, the problem is that i try to put the pieces like they are but they dont fit on the paper . Ok fine but since they dont fit they take more and more and more pages now. Am i doing something wrong here??? ive seen people scale helmets before and sometimes the pages stay the same or maybe a bit but just a bit more. For example lets say a pilot helmet as an example, by default the helmet is mmm 10 pages and when scaled up its 17 pages. Theres has to be something wrong here. Now its 46 pages , i mean its like am doing a set of armor haha.

Here are my settings

The helmet by default is 280 mm height , i scaled it to 308 mm in height

madness2_zpsd0cd497d.jpg

Attachments

• madness2_zpsd0cd497d.jpg
    madness2_zpsd0cd497d.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 213
The option shown in this photo allows u to make parts smaller.
lollll.png

Attachments

• lollll.png
    lollll.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 230
please explain because i dont understand. ive been using this method a long time with masks specially and it has worked like a charm but on helmets or other armors it multiplys lol
lollll.png

Attachments

• lollll.png
    lollll.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 228
i tried it but it works like a join/disjoin face option. it only splits them not make them smaller. unless split a lot of pieces so they can fit in a paper, if thats what you mean. but it would be more work then.
lollll.png

Attachments

• lollll.png
    lollll.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 239
The Best way to save paper is to split pieces if necessary then rotate them to fit the most on one sheet.

You just posted 3 replies in the space of 4 minutes. That's a triple post, and definitely against forum rules. If you want to say something, no one has posted, and It's less than 20 minutes, edit your existing post.

How much bigger are you trying to make it ? this helmet fits my head very well at 300H W250 D359 if it helps.

Okay, so you scaled it to 308mm.......that comes out to roughly 12 inches. Is your head 10-11 inches straight up and down? That seems pretty big. Secondly, looking at the picture you posted in the first post, you have very few pieces on one piece of paper, that is probably why it came out to so many pages. You need to move the pieces around and fit as many as you can on one piece of paper. That will reduce the amount of pages you need.

Well not bigger , just the pieces to fit them on the page but i get it now. Its working lol. I am used to use that tool for foam not for normal pep, didnt know it worked!. Thanks alot!

Hmm , well i am using your method and it works fine until now that i am doing this. Never done a helmet before. It did worked for my boots and a couple of masks ive done. But from the top of my head to my chin its 14 inches lol. Yes i trippled checked! I got a big melon. Unless am measuring wrong.....
Okay, so you scaled it to 308mm.......that comes out to roughly 12 inches. Is your head 10-11 inches straight up and down? That seems pretty big. Secondly, looking at the picture you posted in the first post, you have very few pieces on one piece of paper, that is probably why it came out to so many pages. You need to move the pieces around and fit as many as you can on one piece of paper. That will reduce the amount of pages you need.

Hmm , well i am using your method and it works fine until now that i am doing this. Never done a helmet before. It did worked for my boots and a couple of masks ive done. But from the top of my head to my chin its 14 inches lol. Yes i trippled checked! I got a big melon. Unless am measuring wrong.....
Unless you are 8 feet tall, there is no way that measuring straight up and down your head is 14 inches. When measuring, you CAN NOT measure on an angle or allow your ruler to bend. You have to measure 100% straight up and down. If I tell you to measure the height of a box, you would measure from the very top to the very bottom. You wouldn't measure from the bottom left corner to the right upper corner. Also, I hope you are not measuring your hair. XD lol I've had someone do that before. You are only measuring your skull. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back