Hulkbuster Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshui

Jr Member
I am fairly new to pepakura, but learning fast. i have a lot of time this summer as my job cut me down to 4 hours a week, so i thought why not.

Here is what i started today...

[attachment=10023:progress004.jpg]
let me know your thoughts.

That's pretty dope! Next up you should do a Big Daddy!

bioshock-big-daddy.jpg

does anyone have any critiques of it as of yet? I am always interested to hear what people say.

*edit

eegh... so i think i found a major flaw, with the way i have the torso now, there is limited mobility for the arms... so unless i want to design a puppetry system as well i think i will need to change this.

Well the bulkmaster is more rounded shapen. Your model kinda looks like blocks. No offence on the modeling tho.

Woah mate. That looks awesome. This one cool project. I'm sure you'll pull it off.
Wow, this seems really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished results.

I do agree with the other guys, it does look a little blockish. Try to make slightly more polygons in the model. If you're going to bondo it, then that'll probably solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is an update image, Now with round!

[attachment=10077:progress005.jpg]

I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.
and yes the plan is to use bondo.

it seems you just made a mudbox? If you import that into pepakura it still will be as blocky...
Youve gotta ad more poly's to it...

rundown said:
it seems you just made a mudbox? If you import that into pepakura it still will be as blocky...
Youve gotta ad more poly's to it...

the poly count is low now because i am still editing it. when i move it to pepakura then i will freeze the curves and that makes more pollies. if at that point i still feel it needs more then i can freeze the subpatch again.

sorry for the double post, i am curious about your thoughts, here are some new shots.

[attachment=10123:progress006.jpg]

I would really be interested in building a Hulkbuster (Mark 2) myself... gonna monitor this thread to see where it goes ;))

I cant imagine how huge I would look with a suit of this on. You gotta hurry up and finish this so I can start clearing up Atlanta traffic with this suit, one car at a time!

This is coming out freakin sweet. Although I have to agree with ureeka that the sizeing is off. Think of it as an Iron Monger suit.

well, there is a flaw in that, you cant do anything like that because you would need stilts and extensions for the arms... with my knowledge of machines and DIY armor, that is infeasible.

also, this was the first attempt at creating something so complex from images.

now with a better head on my shoulders, i look at it and think that one could use the shoulder bells/upper arms/waist/crotch/and hands can be pulled from the mark 2 or 3(i think depending on which one you are basing this on)

I am going to be rebuilding my design of the chest in a couple of months, it has been postponed because i am working on my senior show, and i dont have time to do this. I need to Graduate!

wolfshui said:
well, there is a flaw in that, you cant do anything like that because you would need stilts and extensions for the arms... with my knowledge of machines and DIY armor, that is infeasible.

also, this was the first attempt at creating something so complex from images.

now with a better head on my shoulders, i look at it and think that one could use the shoulder bells/upper arms/waist/crotch/and hands can be pulled from the mark 2 or 3(i think depending on which one you are basing this on)

I am going to be rebuilding my design of the chest in a couple of months, it has been postponed because i am working on my senior show, and i dont have time to do this. I need to Graduate!

I really wana see you do this I know the guy who did the Heavy Artillery Armor is doing it too so maybe you guys should share ideas and I think the Hulkbuster from the video game would be easier to do than the comic version and you wouldn't require extensions but if you have to do extensions maybe look into somehow puppet it like this guy with his general grievous costume

SraiderL said:
I really wana see you do this I know the guy who did the Heavy Artillery Armor is doing it too so maybe you guys should share ideas and I think the Hulkbuster from the video game would be easier to do than the comic version and you wouldn't require extensions but if you have to do extensions maybe look into somehow puppet it like this guy with his general grievous costume

I think i have read every thread that he has done on the internet, I would love to try to work with him, but i have to finish college before i can devote much time to it. two months left.

I have been working on a way to make puppet like arms in my spare time, if i can incorporate that with some extensions to my feet, i think i an manage to make it slightly larger than the person is and still design it to look right.

my favorite is the 3d sculpture/bust above, i found it early in my designing, and i kept using it as a basis for my designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back